fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Animate Text without Plugins or Keyframes in Final Cut Pro X

Animate Text without Plugins or Keyframes in Final Cut Pro X 10 Jul 2019 20:02 #100412

• Bretwilliams
  • Bretwilliams's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
Hi FCPXers! I've just posted a new tutorial on animating text in FCPX without plugins or keyframes. Let me know what you think, like & subscribe, share, comment, and all that good stuff. I'll try and make more soon. Thanks and enjoy! - Bret

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Bretwilliams.

Animate Text without Plugins or Keyframes in Final Cut Pro X 12 Jul 2019 06:51 #100416

• Karsten Schlüter
  • Thank you received: 647
Thanks Bret, excellent tut!

yep indeed, the Custom Text title is a hidden gem in the canned 'effects' of FCPX. Just as an addendum to your examples: comes very handy too, when creating PowerPoint-ish appearing • bullet-points (appearance per line).

thanks for sharing.............. :)

Animate Text without Plugins or Keyframes in Final Cut Pro X 12 Jul 2019 06:57 #100418

• Bretwilliams
  • Bretwilliams's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
Thanks for the kind words! I was thinking about doing a sequel showing how how to do just that sort of thing (bullets)and others in combination with some other techniques.

Animate Text without Plugins or Keyframes in Final Cut Pro X 12 Jul 2019 07:15 #100419

• Karsten Schlüter
  • Thank you received: 647

Bretwilliams wrote: …how to do just that sort of thing (bullets)and others in combination with some other techniques.

you're welcome!

meant as an inspiration for that 'other techniques' part:
before learned about Motion, for a specific effect, I 'stapled' two Titles over each other, the top one was done with Dingbatses ■■■■■, which un-cover the underlying text, animated by the Custom settings.

stapling clones of the same text, but with for example diff. color, then animated by Custom settings, allow some eye-candy, karaoke-like highlights etc.

… Custom Text = completely under the radar :lol:

looking for your pt II

Animate Text without Plugins or Keyframes in Final Cut Pro X 24 Aug 2019 05:12 #101038

• Clamhem
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Gr8 Tutorial.

I really appreciate the way you have return.

It was really a kind of spoon feeding.... And it was very helpful for me to build a forum for my website.

Keep it up and thanks a LOT.

• Page: