Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Help

Help 29 Apr 2012 20:51 #7782

• tb475
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello. I have used FCPX on a trial period and have now got a full copy.On the trial it all worked well with no problems but now i take video on my Panasonic sd 900 which records in AVCHD. I have converted files to quicktime.mov and have had little or no response on the FCPX software. The files in the events library once opened have no picture and when i play them to start editing them i get a no response message and if i get any response it comes up with the video has dropped out box as the footage is completely juddery. I have done the proxy setting in preferences but no change. I know this is possibly basic stuff but your expert opinion would be really helpful.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Help 29 Apr 2012 21:21 #7788

• BenB
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 716
Delete the trial copy of FCP X from your Applications folder.
Verify all Preference settings, and Project settings.

Re: Help 29 Apr 2012 21:26 #7790

• tb475
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for being willing to help. I have deleted the trial and how do you verify preference and project settings?

Re: Help 29 Apr 2012 21:42 #7793

• BenB
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 716
http://www.rippletraining.com/categories/final-cut-studio-courses/final-cut-pro-products/final-cut-pro-10-core-training.html

In the FCP X Preferences (FCPX menu), and in the Inspector for a Project when in the Project Library.