Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: A free sharpen and Six free blur Final Cut Pro X effects

A free sharpen and Six free blur Final Cut Pro X effects 13 Feb 2012 20:57 #4334

• alex4D
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 230
Motion 5 has many effects that aren't made available to FCP X users. In the first of a series, I've packaging some into templates for those that don't have Motion.

Unsharp Mask gives more control over how FCP sharpens out of focus clips. The controls are reminiscent of the Adobe Photoshop effect of the same name.

Defocus is a much more accurate way of making an image out of focus than using a Gaussian blur:

Gaussian blurs are a mathematical simulation of lens blurs, but require less computational power.

Here is a close up of the image background, which shows the kind out of focus fringing camera lens produces as compared with a Gaussian blur and Defocus:

Compound Blur applies a variable amount of blur depending on the pixels in a blur map:

Soft Focus adds a 'fogged lens' effect to a clip:

Gradient Blur applies a Gaussian blur to part of a clip based on the position of two points that you control:

Circle Blur applies a Gaussian blur to a circular area of a clip:

Channel Blur applies a Gaussian blur to a choice of Red, Green, Blue or Alpha channels in the clip:

For more information and download link, visit my blog.

Alex
Last Edit: 13 Feb 2012 21:20 by alex4D.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: A free sharpen and Six free blur Final Cut Pro X effects 14 Feb 2012 02:31 #4346

• Simon Ubsdell
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 364
A masterclass in blurring - thanks Alex!!!

Re: A free sharpen and Six free blur Final Cut Pro X effects 14 Feb 2012 21:32 #4367

• dgwvideo
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 85
Thanks, your Unsharp works great.
Creating history....one edit at a time !

Re: A free sharpen and Six free blur Final Cut Pro X effects 02 Jan 2013 22:31 #19590

• lermentov
  • Fresh Boarder
So, I'm new to fcp.co. Where can one actually download the sharpen tool? I've hunted around and can't find anything.

Re: A free sharpen and Six free blur Final Cut Pro X effects 02 Jan 2013 23:14 #19591

• alex4D
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 230
If you visit my blog, you'll see instructions and download link there:

alex4d.wordpress.com/2012/02/12/blurs-7-free-fcpx-effects/

In this fcp.co free effects forum there is no standard way to provide download links as each effect is made by a different designer. Some provide direct download links here in the forum, some - like me - keep the download links on their own sites or mentioned in the description of the YouTube videos that demonstrate their work.

Read the first post of each topic carefully to see which method each designer has chosen.

@Alex4D