Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New MacPro coming Soon?

New MacPro coming Soon? 05 Nov 2015 17:39 #70256

• VidGreg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 185
Apparently there is coding in El Captain for a Mac model with 10 USB3 ports that does not correspond with any known Macs. This is lending credence to a pending new MP. Just about time for an update.
The desc lists 10 USB ports but with no mention of TB ports. Some claim that this points to Apple dropping TB, but I think much more likely it points to the inclusion of USB-C which can be configured as TB1-3. Intel has said TB3 will be USB-C.
There is also speculation that it will be a Haswell based computer, I think and hope it will be Skylake. Skylale xeons, including server class, are now available and are much more versatile than Haswell. With Skylake architecture, manufactures can re-assign chip resources for different functions.
Will be interesting.
What CPU/ What GPU? Ports? Dual flash drive slots? Tb2 or 3? True USB3.1 gen 2? What version of HDMI? 8K monitor support?

Get a towel ready for the drool. :P

Greg
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New MacPro coming Soon? 05 Nov 2015 18:13 #70259

• ronny courtens
  • Thank you received: 887
Haswell chips in a MacPro won't make me drool at all. If they should release a new MP with Haswell I would never buy one and I would advise my clients to drop the MacPro completely. I did buy a new 27" 5K iMac last week. It has Skylake processors and performs better than my MacPro 2013. So I hope Apple doesn't hurry with a new MP model, but waits until it can release a new monster machine that will be able to be on top of things for the following 3 years.

THIS makes me drool:

www.theregister.co.uk/2015/05/27/intel_purley_xeon_chips/

- Ronny

New MacPro coming Soon? 04 Mar 2016 06:34 #74034

• Redifer
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 70
I was thinking about this topic recently and I'd like to hear Apple start talking about new models within a year or so. They seem to have dropped the highest-end Mac Pro from their online store. I agree with Ronny that they should make sure that any new Mac Pro is a beast.

Recently the owner of the Oculus Rift device was saying he would support the Mac OS if Apple made a good computer, calling out the dated and underpowered GPU (D700) used in the thing as well as it's still-high price. These are still the best GPU's Apple has to offer at the moment. GPU's matter. Not that I would buy an Oculus Rift even if it ran fine, but it just got me to thinking that they haven't touched the Mac pro in a while. They always make little tiny tweaks tot he iMac line but iMacs are just unappealing to me for some reason. For me upgradibility is a huge plus but sadly this doesn't seem to be the case with the Mac Pro. I have D300's and I can't find a place where I can buy D700s if I want. So although Apple claims upgradability, it isn't really true.

New MacPro coming Soon? 04 Mar 2016 09:41 #74038

• Scrubelicious
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 108
Jarred did show a Dell Thunderbolt3 dock so I can imagine Apple will have another revised version.
Do not like idea of new connector. :(