Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: I really think Apple will launch a new Mac Pro

I really think Apple will launch a new Mac Pro 03 Nov 2016 16:18 #82081

• Vlastavision
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
One thing that is clear after the new 10.3 update of Final Cut Pro is that Apple didn't dumb it down. In fact every new feature, even the interface changes were clearly meant for the pro users. Why bother if it is only going to be used on Macbooks?
It's true that they may not launch a new 5k display, but there are other display companies that make displays that can be used on a mac computer, but there are no companies that make computers that can run on Mac software. It makes no sense for them to let PC take over the creative market. It makes no sense to make an obviously high end video editing app without making a computer to run it on. Sure, it can run on iMac and Macbook pro, and it runs pretty damn well, but that's still not enough for some power users.
I think they will do it!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I really think Apple will launch a new Mac Pro 03 Nov 2016 17:18 #82090

• muddygun
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
I think what a lot of people forget about the Mac Pro is that it is built entirely in the US. So they are able to keep a tight lid on any development they are doing for it. I do think they should come down with the price though after 2 years of the same machine.

I really think Apple will launch a new Mac Pro 03 Nov 2016 18:25 #82112

muddygun wrote:
… the Mac Pro is that it is built entirely in the US. ….

<cough> montaged in USofA, the parts, and the most important parts, GPUs, are as usual from China and Korea.
Same story here: A Mercedes or Porsche is also called 'Made in Germany', ha!!, complete groups are from China, France, East-Europe....

No, I dare to say, 'The Tube' was a single shot, like 'The Cube'.

I see an iMac-pro, 27/30" 5k/wide gamut display (✓), fast CPU (✓), super-hyper-fast 1.3gbps SSD (✓), lotsa connectors (✓), and - making it thicker (OMG!!) with room for two standard-size, off-the-shelf GPUs … maybe user-swappable ...(scandal!)