Again, it's Blackmagic Design and their cameras that have got the most column inches at NAB this week. We look at the 4K and Pocket Cinema Cameras, the new Resolve 10 and how they all work with FCPX.
More new drives and more flexibility at NAB 2013. CalDigit announce their new SSD/HDD mix and match 3 bay T3 drive and a new Thunderbolt expansion station.
Promise Technology have announced a drive size update to their popular Pegasus R6 Thunderbolt RAID and they've also announced the new VTrak A-Class 'SAN in a box.'
We are big fans of G-Technology storage and use their products on a day to day basis, in fact we are using a Thunderbolt drive of theirs right here at NAB. They had two new products on the stand so we thought we would take a look as one has some special ingredients.
AJA video systems are celebrating their 20th appearance at NAB. We attended their press breakfast before the show started to see what new products they were announcing.
When we posted Peter Zigich's first design thoughts on a new MacPro last year, we didn't realise how popular the article would be. He's back with round two of possible design thoughts and this time there is something new at the core.
We sat down to watch the Apple presentation from San Jose today in glorious HD on our Apple TV. Mac Mini and iPad Mini were no big deal for us, we were completely sold on the new iMac. From December this could be the fastest Final Cut Pro X machine you can buy.
Boy did we touch a nerve when we suggested that Apple wasn't interested in keeping Quartz Composer alive. What we didn't realise at the time was Kosada had already spent two years working on a replacement! So why is this news to FCPX editors?
3D designer Peter Zigich has been using Apple workstations for over 20 years. He like many others has been frustrated by the lack of a MacPro update. So why not let the imagination run and design your own? Well that's exactly what he did!
A part two to our article on Apple's new 27" iMac that was very kindly loaned to us. We sum up our thoughts on the machine and come to the conclusion that there is one big problem with the iMac.
In the last of our videos recorded at NAB 2013, we take a look at the Monarch HD video streaming and recording unit from Matrox. It won a lot of awards at the show, so what is it all about?
Blackmagic Design were filming on two cinema cameras at the Press Conference on the Monday of NAB 2013. They have just sent us the official video of the event. Grant Petty explains Ultra HD, 6G SDI and of course he takes us through the new products and product updates. A good 24 minute watch with a lot of good background info.
- Motu display the HDX-SDI with Thunderbolt at NAB 2013
- A tour of the new products from AJA Video Systems at NAB2013
- New Bulletproof application from Red Giant demonstrated at NAB 2013
- Lightworks beta demonstrated at NAB 2013 running on Mac OSX
- Budget shared storage from Small Tree Communications at NAB 2013
- Ripple Training publish Creative Looks for DaVinci Resolve
- Cut Notes from Digital Rebellion gets upgraded with more features and cloud integration
- Red Giant will unveil the BulletProof application at NAB 2013
- Apple loan FCP.co a top of the range iMac to test. Part 1 Unboxing and first thoughts.
- An in depth look a Cantemo Portal and how it works with Final Cut Pro X
Page 1 of 15