Yesterday was a great day as we had a glimpse of the new Mac Pro. It might have stolen the show, but there was plenty of other hardware & software news during the keynote.
A part two to our article on Apple's new 27" iMac that was very kindly loaned to us. We sum up our thoughts on the machine and come to the conclusion that there is one big problem with the iMac.
In the last of our videos recorded at NAB 2013, we take a look at the Monarch HD video streaming and recording unit from Matrox. It won a lot of awards at the show, so what is it all about?
Blackmagic Design were filming on two cinema cameras at the Press Conference on the Monday of NAB 2013. They have just sent us the official video of the event. Grant Petty explains Ultra HD, 6G SDI and of course he takes us through the new products and product updates. A good 24 minute watch with a lot of good background info.
We first saw the HDX-SDI on the Motu stand last year at NAB. The uncompressed I/O box is close to shipping so we thought that we would take another look.
We reported on AJA's new products earlier from the Press Breakfast. We caught up with Bryce Button for a one on one demo of what's new.
Red Giant formally announced Bulletproof on April the 1st. There weren't many details on the website, so we decided to track down Simon Walker to take us through the application.
Yes were are a site about Final Cut Pro, but we have been following the story of Lightworks since it was acquired by EditShare. They promised support for OSX back at IBC 2012 and that's exactly what they've are showing.
After a request on Twitter for budget shared storage and a lot of good words from Walter Biscardi, we went to check out Small Tree Communications. Steve Modica took us on a tour of their models.
Following on from their successful Core Training for Blackmagic Design's DaVinci Resolve, Ripple Training have released a 90 minute tutorial focused on building popular looks and grades.
Digital Rebellion have updated their iPad note taking application Cut Notes to version 2. A new look GUI, more features and the ability to sync everything in the cloud.
As was mentioned on our Forum, April the first is probably not the best day to announce a new product! Red Giant aren't fooling with BulletProof, a new app that aims to bridge 'the gap between camera and editor.'
When Apple offered us the opportunity to borrow a fully specced out iMac to test, how could we refuse? We begin with a quick look at the machine, specifications, design and first observations.
- An in depth look a Cantemo Portal and how it works with Final Cut Pro X
- Taking a sneaky peak at Cantemo Portal workflow for Final Cut Pro X
- Testing out the Hitachi 8TB G-Raid Thunderbolt Array Drive
- Edit your footage on the iPad 'retro style' with TouchEdit
- Win one of 3 copies of Digital Rebellion's new CinePlay professional iOS video player
- The Promise Pegasus R4 Thunderbolt RAID user review
- Sharpen your color correction skills with the Dale Grahn Color iPad app from Crumplepop
- Top 5 Video Editing Speakers For Under $500
- Autodesk Smoke 2013 for the Mac ships, keeps its $3,500 price tag but gets a 20% discount for a month
- Matrox announce a unified driver for Avid, Adobe and Final Cut Pro X on the MXO2 series
Page 1 of 13