You can help CrumplePop build the ultimate film grain package by funding the production of Grain35 on Kickstarter. You'll also get the product once it's been finished!
A great piece of marketing from the guys at CrumplePop. They want to produce a 1080 and 4K set of real film grain called Grain35, but the shooting, lab costs and scanning is going to cost in the region of $15,000. So why not offer the chance to fund the production through Kickstarter and then distribute the product to backers when released?
The guys need to raise $15,000. At the moment they have 32 backers and have been pledged a total of $3,373. Will they reach their goal? If you want to help, here is what you'll get for your money. Remember if they don't reach the target, you won't lose the cash.
$49·16mm Package - Receive only the 16mm film grain scans at 1080p. This will normally retail for $75.
$75·35mm Package - Receive only the 35mm film grain scans at 1080p. This will normally retail for $99.
$99·35mm + 16mm 1080p Package - Receive both the 35mm and 16mm film grain scans at 1080p. This will normally retail for $149.
$129·Complete Package - Receive both the 35mm and 16mm film grain scans at both 1080p and 4K. This will normally retail for $199.
$399·Site License Package - Receive an unlimited site license for both the 35mm and 16mm film grain scans at both 1080p and 4K resolutions. This is meant for larger shops with over 5 workstations. Immediate download after the project is complete.
We wish CrumplePop the best of luck, they have until Wednesday April 11th to get the funding. More information and of course the pledge page is over on Kickstarter. Here's the nuts and bolts about the product.
1. Super high quality.· Grain35 uses 4K Arrilaser DPX scans of six 35mm film stocks, all shot at three different exposures and delivered to you as ProRes 4444 or h.264 downloads.
2. Both HD and 4K.· Two our knowledge, Grain35 will be the first real 4K grain scan package in the world.· You'll be able to use the HD version of Grain35 with your DSLR footage, and the 4K version with your Red Scarlet/Epic footage.
3. ·Available for most editing systems.· Grain35 works with Final Cut Pro 6, 7, and X, Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer, and others. ·Really any video editing system with a composite or blend mode will work with Grain35.
4. Easy.· Just import your grain clip, drop it on your timeline, and select "overlay" mode.· That's it - just loop and tweak to your liking.
5. Affordable. ·If we can raise the funds to cover the necessary film stock, camera rental, lab fees and laser scans of the negatives, then we can make this way, way less expensive than any other professional film grain package.
What you get
Six different 35mm and 16mm film stocks:
- Kodak 500T
- Kodak 200T
- Kodak 250D
- Kodak 50D
- Fuji Eterna 500T
- Fuji Eterna 250T
- 1920x1080 (HD) @ 23.976fps
- 3840x2160 (4K HD) @ 23.976fps
Two delivery codecs:
- ProRes 4444 (better quality, slower download)
- h.264 (lower quality, much faster download)