This week, Apple was awarded a patent in the US for a media production application that breaks down a script, logs actors and locations and then automatically schedules the production. Interesting.
Another new exciting niche of companion applications has started with OverlayPro from Videotic. Use an iOS device to record speed and altitude and then overlay the statistics in FCPX.
If there was such thing as a #FreeTutorialTuesday, it would be today. Not only do we the have latest episode of MacBreak Studio, we also have more free Final Cut Pro X and Motion tutorials from Andy Neil. Turn the Gaggia on!
10 FREE TICKETS UP FOR GRABS FIRST COME FIRST SERVED!
Movie Machine's Digital Cinema Festival will showcase footage on the big screen from many different affordable cameras. They are also offering a Blackmagic Cinema camera as a first prize for the best short film entered.
Two chances to win stuff in two days! This one is slightly different, by taking part in a short survey about Final Cut Pro X, you have the chance of winning one of ten bundles of apps & plugins each worth $500.
Idustrial Revolution has just released a new set of 53 plugin and utility tools called XEffects Toolkit. It's priced at $49 and billed as 'The most advanced, most featured and most helpful set of tools on the market for Final Cut Pro X.' We have 5 copies to give away too!
Maybe this week's episode of MacBreak Studio should be titled 'Making particles dance in Motion with Steve Martin!' A great tutorial showing the power of emitters and behaviours.
Inspired by the possibility of Thunderbolt Bridging and the accidental discovery of Mavericks and FCPX 10.0.9 accepting growing EVS streams, we put the combination to the test. Did it work?
At the recent Los Angeles Creative Pro User Group, a whole session was dedicated to FCPX. Sam Mestman and Noam Kroll both gave excellent presentations on how they use FCPX.
Slightly usurping AJA, Blackmagic Design has announced a new UltraStudio 4K. Priced at $995, it's the first video device I/O with Thunderbolt 2 technology, offering 20 Gb/s capture and playback of SD, HD, Ultra HD and DCI 4K.
The Mavericks upgrade and FCPX has worked for the majority of users, others have had a few problems. Risking a Betteridge style answer, have we overlooked a feature in Mavericks that could help all users who want fast shared storage?
- How to track points in Motion, all the gotchas, but none of the pain
- A Red Mac Pro, Mavericks driver updates and avoiding App Nap with Final Cut Pro X
- The FCPX Man Diary: This is Red 5, I’m going in
- The big Mac Pro video roundup including a short glimpse of the future of FCPX with multicam 4K
- Using the quantize behavior in Motion on MacBreak Studio
- No FCPX update from the Apple Special Event, but Mac Pro specifications, prices and a jaw dropping benchmark
- Apply LUTS in Final Cut Pro X and Motion with LUT Utility
- Robust Final Cut Pro X backups to LTO with BRU Producers Edition
- 8 More free Final Cut Pro X effects on #FreeEffectFriday
- Paul Greengrass' film Captain Phillips graded on Blackmagics' DaVinci Resolve