The new URSA and the Studio Camera were not the only new products Blackmagic announced at NAB 2014. DaVinci Resolve got an update to version 11. You might find a lot of familiarity between the editing tools in Resolve 11 and those in FCPX.
Some hot news that's not off the NAB show floor. Automatically track and censor faces within FCPX, Motion, Adobe After After Effects and Premiere with the new Secret Identity plugin. We are impressed, very impressed.
The first day of NAB 2014 was a day of camera announcements and Blackmagic Design wasn't going to be left out. A cool looking 4K camera and a rather odd looking studio camera were announced today.
The news from the AJA Press Breakfast was centred around the new CION 4K camera. Priced at under $9,000 it records in many flavours of ProRes up to UHD and 4K.
Featuring Thunderbolt 2, LaCie have published a sneak peek at their new products for NAB. Just check out that AJA speed test for 3,000 MB/s read and 2,750 write for three new 8big Racks into a new Mac Pro.
It's the first day of NAB 2014 and the news and rumours about new products has started already. They are mainly about cameras, a New Sony 4K DSLR, a possible new Blackmagic camera and the big news of the new $9,000 AJA Cion 4K camera.
Cantemo Portal is the Apple preferred Digital Asset Management tool for use with FCPX. Jonathan Eric Tyrrell takes a look at how the DAM handles Final Cut Pro X libraries.
Earlier in the week we had FCP guru Larry Jordan's take on what he expects to see at NAB next week. This time it's workflow guru Sam Mestman's turn to look into the crystal ball...
Music video Dreamin' by Pillar Point was shot on a RED Epic, edited on Final Cut Pro X and graded in DaVinci Resolve.
We have talked about multicam editing in FCPX many times here on FCP.co, but what about the audio? In this new episode of MacBreak Studio, that's exactly what the boys concentrate on this week.
Do you think that the Mac Pro's case is a bit dull? These new wrap-around stickers based on famous painters will brighten up any edit suite or desk.
With the National Association of Broadcasters show in Las Vegas almost upon us, we caught up with FCP guru Larry Jordan. We asked him about what he expects to see at this year's show and of course the the role that he sees Final Cut Pro X playing at the show and in the future.
- Getting a bigger timecode window and automatically managing effects in Final Cut Pro X
- Build custom LUTS and looks in Photoshop and use them in FCPX, Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects
- Getting started with Motion
- Learn how to use Final Cut Pro X in 30 minutes or less!
- Edgar Rothermich publishes a graphically enhanced manual for GarageBand X
- A new flicker removing plugin and an update to two Final Cut Pro X add-on applications
- Pushing Apple's new Mac Pro and Final Cut Pro X to their limits
- Archiving a Final Cut Pro X Library without optimized or proxy media
- More features for Track X and Slice X to be demonstrated at NAB 2014
- Watch the full version of Brother Sister, shot on a Blackmagic Cinema Camera and post produced in FCPX