fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Wish-list for FCP X 2.0 21 Jun 2011 19:39 #129

We already know that it is not as perfect, but we need to start pointing out its flaws.

1) Suport multicam;
2) Suport Multimonitors and custom layouts;
3) Yes, support for layback to video tape using RS-422 control protocol with timecode accuracy;
4) and.....

Without it, he is not Pro.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Wish-list for FCP X 2.0 21 Jun 2011 19:59 #130

Classic projects, openable over the network on another computer
EDL, XML, OMF support
External monitoring devices support
No stupid "Events"
Better Windows arrangement
Tons of FCP7 features...

I have to admit that I'm VERY dissapointed in what I've seen in this 1 hour of messing around with FCPX. It definitely cannot be called a Pro product.

Last edit: by SuperUnknown.

Re: Wish-list for FCP X 2.0 21 Jun 2011 20:47 #137

For me multicam is essential as all my edits are multicam (live theater).
But it will be interesting to see live what you can do at the Supermeet in London.

Last edit: by MikaelF.

Re: Wish-list for FCP X 2.0 21 Jun 2011 22:49 #145

Of course multicam edit, multimonitor and custom layouts;

3D file edit from Panasonic and Sony cam

Re: Wish-list for FCP X 2.0 21 Jun 2011 23:11 #147

Wow is there really no multimonitor or custom layouts? That's huge. I don't have it yet, it's not in the Canadian App Store yet from what I hear. But those are already on my wish list.

Re: Wish-list for FCP X 2.0 22 Jun 2011 19:56 #177

Multicam support
DVD Pro back
.mt2s direct import

Re: Wish-list for FCP X 2.0 22 Jun 2011 21:13 #180

• Event Library with manageable folders, for collecting clips related to projects rather than grouping by dates
  • a grouping and sorting structure like Aperture for example provides
  • metadata, keywords for multiple events

Re: Wish-list for FCP X 2.0 23 Jun 2011 17:16 #202

• zchadfield
  • Some say he has a bionic arm and after eating printing ink, he obtains the ability to fly.
  • Thank you received: 0
True reference monitor support & Tape I/O, multicam, Export for XML, EDL & OMF
Leaving this stuff out is insane.

Re: Wish-list for FCP X 2.0 24 Jun 2011 11:24 #218

Hi all,

I have spent some time in the last few days since it's release trying to edit with it.

If you want to buy it to see what it can do and you have a spare $300 US (Oh by the way $349 Australian dollars in the Aussie app store which is disgraceful, considering we are past parity on the dollar) then that's fine. Both the handling of importing is terribly slow, even if you only copy files across it is chronic how slow it is.

Running the timeline A.K.A project at high quality with a pro res sequence just at SD, is also slow clunky and unstable.

Had so many crashes and what I call "flash bang" crashes where FCP X quits on you instantly.

Basic fundamentals that it cannot do are.

1. Capture from tape with timecode with RS 422
2. Multi Cam
3. Play out to an external monitor.
4. To have larger tabs on the head of clips to grab rather than tiny icons.
5. To be able to see a server and raid arrays. ( at least not ones it thinks are not direct
attached like terra-block or network based shared storage)
6. To be able to tear off each window so they are individually scaleable.
7. OMF export or some sort of pro tools export.
8. Allow anamorphic selection on 720x576 or NTSC equivalent. Spatial conform on a clip does not fix this on any selection.
9. To be able to play the timeline at high quality smoothly without it stuttering and dropping frames.
10. In the Events folder allow to display without thumbnails.
11. In the Events folder to NOT create folders for files based on file creation dates?!
12. For Auto colour on import to work! (I'm not expecting a full grade but it's random in it's ability.)
13. Allow Scaleable Project timeline rather than the woeful selection of 5 or 6 layouts.
14. To not constantly hang and crash on import of files or even worse having imported many clips it decides it can import any more and completely "locks out" the events folder.
15. For the stabilisation not to look at the entire imported clip for analysis but what I have used in the project. I've tried setting an in and out over the clip.
16. To be able to skim on a clip in the main viewer not just on the thumbnail. For longer files having to scale up and down the events folder is time consuming and tedious.
17. To have a both the viewer monitor and timeline monitor both displayed at once. It's very very useful in FCP7.0 and this is a massive step backwards.
18. To be able to import instantly like in FCP 7.0 on already captured clips. If I don't copy the files over and reference the original clips capture in FCP 7.0, why does it take an eon to do bring the clip in. This was instant before and i cannot even use the clip until the thumbnail is finished. Very Slow!

Of course i am learning this tool and slowly going through a tutorial so some of these "features" i may not be aware of. I must say AVID is starting to look very good in the future!

Rob

• Page: