Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 10.08 released!!

10.08 released!! 28 Mar 2013 20:17 #23298

• plysat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 67
So far so good. Well, except the list view of favorites bugginess is still there. Maybe it's just me, though this happens on all my projects. :-( Anyone try this? (from my radar web bug report):

make a series of favorite ranges in a clip, with the event library in *list view*, use the drop down menu to show only the favorites, try to select a favorite, set a range start and end in the favorite, and cut it into a project. When i attempt to set a range start or end in a favorite clip, the selected range is deselected and the focus jumps to a point near in the first range in the list. can't do it. I can click/dragon the clip to set a range, but as soon as I release the mouse it jumps to the first clip.

Switching to Filmstrip View instead of List View in the library and the range selection functionality works fine. The bug is only in list view.
Can't sleep? Try this: fcpxpert.net ;-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by plysat.

10.08 released!! 28 Mar 2013 20:25 #23301

• JFilmmaker1
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I tried it. It works fine for me!

10.08 released!! 28 Mar 2013 20:35 #23306

• canelson
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 46
Great!

The Alexa and F5 & F55 updates are really helpful for what I do.

We recommend all our clients to shoot in ARRI Alexa to speed the postproduction times and just last week I had to install a 30 day trial of Avid MediaComposer to transcode XAVC footage from a Sony F5 to Apple ProRes because FCP didn´t support it.
--
Matias Canelson
www.canelson.us

Last edit: by canelson.

10.08 released!! 28 Mar 2013 21:01 #23308

• Seanus
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Sean Lander - Rednail Media
  • Thank you received: 75

plysat wrote: So far so good. Well, except the list view of favorites bugginess is still there. Maybe it's just me, though this happens on all my projects. :-( Anyone try this? (from my radar web bug report):

make a series of favorite ranges in a clip, with the event library in *list view*, use the drop down menu to show only the favorites, try to select a favorite, set a range start and end in the favorite, and cut it into a project. When i attempt to set a range start or end in a favorite clip, the selected range is deselected and the focus jumps to a point near in the first range in the list. can't do it. I can click/dragon the clip to set a range, but as soon as I release the mouse it jumps to the first clip.

Switching to Filmstrip View instead of List View in the library and the range selection functionality works fine. The bug is only in list view.

Yes! It's been driving me mad. I thought it might have been because I created the favorites in an older version. I'd given up on Favourites entirely and am just using Markers instead. I actually find this a much better solution as you can add a marker and name it without having to click once.
Sean Lander - Editing since 1982 - AVID 1991 - FCP 1999 - FCPX 2011

10.08 released!! 28 Mar 2013 21:11 #23310

• plysat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

Seanus wrote:

plysat wrote: So far so good. Well, except the list view of favorites bugginess is still there..

Yes! It's been driving me mad. I thought it might have been because I created the favorites in an older version. I'd given up on Favourites entirely and am just using Markers instead. I actually find this a much better solution as you can add a marker and name it without having to click once.

Know what... I think it may be fixed if you make the faves/keywords in the new version. It's still happening on my current project (created in 10.0.7 and now in 10.0.8....) but... I just made a new event in 10.0.8, key worded a bunch of ranges and... seems to work fine. If you've updated give it a shot and see what happens... look like it's a bug that sticks with the event created in a previous version. So... good news bad news...

10.08 released!! 28 Mar 2013 21:30 #23312

• RRKPL
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Don Rumsey wrote: MB fixed??? Yay!!!

What are these keyboard shortcuts you speak of?

In the middle of a project so can't upgrade right now but I too would like to know a bit more about the new keyboard shortcuts.

10.08 released!! 28 Mar 2013 21:50 #23314

• Seanus
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

plysat wrote: look like it's a bug that sticks with the event created in a previous version. So... good news bad news...

Ok I'll give it a try. I wonder if I just copy the clips to a new Event. Bit of a problem as these Events are massive!

As to the new keyboard shortcuts for changing Timeline views, you will have to use the default keyboard to see them. If you use a custom keyboard (like I do) they won't show up.

10.08 released!! 28 Mar 2013 21:59 #23316

• plysat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Maybe worth a shot... have they fixed the bug/feature where copying a clip, which was a referenced clip in an event, to another event copies the source clip instead of the symlink? That kinda sucks (ed)

Also, I just mapped show clip labels only to CNTRL-Down Arrow, and waveforms only (my default view... YMMV) to CNTRL-Up Arrow. Very nice. For those who haven't found them, the new commands can be accessed by searching "clip appearance" in the command editor.

10.08 released!! 28 Mar 2013 22:03 #23317

• plysat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

RRKPL wrote:

Don Rumsey wrote: MB fixed??? Yay!!!

What are these keyboard shortcuts you speak of?

In the middle of a project so can't upgrade right now but I too would like to know a bit more about the new keyboard shortcuts.

Sure ya can! I did. ;-) anyway, you can cycle through all the different clip views previously only accessible in the pop up in the lower right of the timeline, as well as increasing/decreasing the clip height...

10.08 released!! 28 Mar 2013 22:10 #23318

• BenB
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1279
I always copy my current app versions to a backup folder, then run FCS Remover for my updates before installing the new versions.

The new keys I speak of are these. To adjust the clip appearances in the Timeline really fast. Easy to remember, too. Been using them all afternoon, love them.

If all you remember is "Control-Option-Up/Down Arrow" you'll save time.

But basically, Control-Option along with 1-6, or with the up/down arrow keys. I change this all the time. I love it.

Also, if you Option-click to create a keyframe on an audio clip in the Timeline, when that keyframe is created it is highlighted. Hit the Tab key. I think there's a bug in this function, but it lets you type in a numeric value. Can't find it anywhere in the user manual, so, who knows.
Attachments:

Last edit: by BenB.

10.08 released!! 28 Mar 2013 23:01 #23328

• Seanus
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Confirmed the bug with favourites and keywords jumping back to the master clip in list view from is still there if your clip came from an older version than 10.0.6.

Tried creating a new Event and copying the clip in there but it still exhibits the same problem.
Importing a NEW clip. Key wording it and then marking up the key worded clips works fine.
At least I know now about using the frame view. A lifesaver!

10.08 released!! 28 Mar 2013 23:08 #23330

• BenB
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

Seanus wrote: Confirmed the bug with favourites and keywords jumping back to the master clip in list view from is still there if your clip came from an older version than 10.0.6.

Can you clarify what that is? "jumping back to the master clip"? You lost me. But I'm very interested in whatever this bug is.

BTW, I have an Event that now shows all video clips (not audio, not graphics) as missing. They won't relink to the exact same original files the Event was created from. Frame size, rate, duration, codecs all match up, but it won't relink. Never had that issue before now. Depresses me to see it in this version, specifically, just before NAB.

Last edit: by BenB.

10.08 released!! 28 Mar 2013 23:17 #23332

• Seanus
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Ok I'll do my best.

Lets say you have a long clip let's call it CLIP-01
You break this clip down into a few key words.

Example: Good Shot, Interview, NATSOF, Drama

So now you go into one of the keyword collections in list view where you will find lots of CLIP-01s.

Select one down the list and try and add an IN point or OUT point.
The playhead will suddenly jump up to the first instance of it in the keyword collection.
The IN and OUTs are marked but the clip is deselected, so you have to go back to it if you want to edit it into the project.

This does't happen in Frame view. Only List view.

Hope that made sense.

10.08 released!! 28 Mar 2013 23:17 #23333

• plysat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

BenB wrote:

Seanus wrote: Confirmed the bug with favourites and keywords jumping back to the master clip in list view from is still there if your clip came from an older version than 10.0.6.

Can you clarify what that is? "jumping back to the master clip"? You lost me. But I'm very interested in whatever this bug is.

Well, it seems to be fixed. but... if your event was created with 10.0.6 for sure, and possibly 10.0.7. Marke a series of keywords or favorites on a master clip. With event viewer set to list view, choose view favorites, or select a keyword collection. essentially you're seeing a list of ranges. If you try to select, set an I/O or whatever on one of those ranges *other than the first in the list* the focus immediately jumps to the first range. The action has been performed, but you need to reselect the clip, to see it and as soon as you click in any "subrange" in that range, focus shifts again. Heres an illustration...

10.08 released!! 28 Mar 2013 23:20 #23334

• BenB
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
OK, I'm trying the Favorite filter, selecting range thing. I've never seen that problem. Never heard of it before. Works fine for me. Odd...

10.08 released!! 28 Mar 2013 23:31 #23335

• Seanus
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I thought it might have been from much older versions, but I've just tried it with clips that I imported only two weeks ago and the bug is still there.

So I guess the fix is for Keywords done in 10.0.8 only.

Last edit: by Seanus.

10.08 released!! 28 Mar 2013 23:31 #23336

• plysat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I dunno... this, from the 08 release notes: " Fixes a performance issue which resulted from selecting multiple ranges on a single clip" i guess was the fix. Seems like it still lives in event DB's created on earlier versions though... I tried to upload a movie illustration but it didn't work...

10.08 released!! 28 Mar 2013 23:49 #23338

• Seanus
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Here's an example.

Last edit: by Seanus.

10.08 released!! 29 Mar 2013 00:01 #23339

• plysat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

Seanus wrote: Here's an example.

That's it. Wish i could start this project (event) over... :-(

10.08 released!! 29 Mar 2013 00:11 #23340

• MattDavis
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Have any NeatVideo denoiser users tried it with 10.0.8 yet?

I've come to the Neat party a bit late and knew of its issues post 10.0.5, but it seems to 'give good demo' on 10.0.8 and would love to push the button on purchase at last.