fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

FCP X whats happend to Final Cut Server. 22 Jun 2011 15:35 #171

Does anyone have any information on Final Cut Server.

Seen a few articles that say FCPX has meant its been discontinued. When you go to apple it takes you to FCPX page.

I'd have thought with the amount of metadata in FCPX that a new FCPS would be on its way.

I've also heard rumblings of a new product to replace it. Could this be Lion related especially as we're told some new FCPX features will turn up because of Lion.

Any thoughts on FCP Server

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: FCP X whats happend to Final Cut Server. 22 Jun 2011 16:58 #173

Hi Stuart ¡¡

I get the same questions and no answers from Apple. I use Final Cut Server with a library of 12 Tb content, so I'm very interested to know how software will evolve.

I do not think that will be discontinued without saying anything.

I keep looking for news

Re: FCP X whats happend to Final Cut Server. 23 Jun 2011 01:28 #183

Re: FCP X whats happend to Final Cut Server. 23 Jun 2011 13:16 #200

Interesting that the article states apple has officially confirmed final cut express demise but no mention of server at the same time.

Though obviously a lot of rumors still say its dead.

No one seems to know anything for sure, makes me think we're waiting on Lion for an official announcements.

Re: FCP X whats happend to Final Cut Server. 25 Jun 2011 02:23 #228

I, too, wondered what will become come of FCS, and now I read it has been discontinued. We just bought it in January and have built an entire workflow around it. Funny thing is, when we were talking to our Apple rep and other Apple folks at the end of 2010, I raised the concern about FCP and FCS going away because there were so many rumors last year about Apple abandoning the pro market. Of course, they NEVER hinted that FCS was dying a slow death; I assume that was to sell at least one more copy before they pulled the proverbial plug on it. I don't believe for one minute that they new nothing of its demise.

Truth is, I've never really liked Apples. They leave a bad taste in my mouth. :sick: Pineapples, however, are quite tasty. ;)

• Page: