TOPIC: MotionVFX incredibly slow!?

MotionVFX incredibly slow!? 13 Aug 2013 19:45 #29844

• DmitriZigany
  • DmitriZigany's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
Hey!

I recently bought mVintage to use on a project. But it's incredibly slow. I mean, after I apply it, I cannot play back the project without it stuttering and skipping frames, so it's impossible to judge how it looked until rendered. And it takes forever to render, at least 10x any other effects.

Despite this I also bought mGlitch when it was on sale for $29. It seems similarily sluggish.

What's up with this? Has anyone else experienced this?
They both look great, but I doubt I'll use them much because of this and will not buy anything else from MotionVFX unless this improves. Tried to find a way to email them on their webpage but couldn't find it.

I'm using a rMBP 2.6ghz with 16gb RAM and FCPX 10.0.9.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

MotionVFX incredibly slow!? 15 Aug 2013 02:59 #29934

• DmitriZigany
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Nobody using motionVFX effects that comment on how they work?

MotionVFX incredibly slow!? 15 Aug 2013 04:03 #29936

• dgwvideo
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 239
I am using both of those same plugins on a Mac Pro 12 core and they do, in fact, eat up a lot of system resources. Not sure specifically what you are considering a long time to render the effects and I don't know what the details are of your project, frame rates, size, codecs. etc., so I can't offer much more information.

Make sure your projects and events are on drives other than your boot OS drive and check the forum for other basic system optimization tips. That might help a bit, but the MotionVFX plugins and templates still remain pretty demanding.
Creating history....one edit at a time !

MotionVFX incredibly slow!? 08 Sep 2013 11:50 #30899

• DmitriZigany
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Well, I am just comparing them to other effects I have.
Most others I can keep working with without rendering, but not the motionVX stuff.
Wouldn't mind the render time that much if it wasn't for the fact that I have to render them to even judge how it looks, and then render again if I have to change something...

MotionVFX incredibly slow!? 16 Mar 2016 04:03 #74386

• ed.darino
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Same here with MDoodle and some of the objects only show part of it (ex. a telephone, we see the wire, the disk, but not the "phone" itself...)
waiting for some answers...but I was planning to order more but I rather wait.

MotionVFX incredibly slow!? 16 Mar 2016 20:53 #74406

• MarkNelsonMovies
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 48
This is a really old thread, FCPX has since been updated to improve the speed of 3rd party plugins.
I don't remember what version it was or what the exact improvements were though.

Certain plugins, especially time based ones will take a lot more system resources and may not be able to play smoothly without rendering.

You can change the viewer quality to better performance and see if that helps.

As far as partial objects go, maybe a screenshot would help?

Hope this helps,
-Mark

MotionVFX incredibly slow!? 17 Mar 2016 02:13 #74417

• ed.darino
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I don't usually spend my time answering blogs, but I wanted to share my experience. A jpeg and mov are attached and I rendered/shared ONLY the phone as suggested by Mr. Szymon Masiak who answered my help request. On an iMac with 32gb of memory this clip took over 12 minutes. I rater stay with After Effects... but since I believe FINAL CUT PRO X is great and the demo got my attention, I HAD to try the Mdoodles. :sick:
Attachments:

MotionVFX incredibly slow!? 26 Aug 2017 03:12 #90099

• Sloan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
It maybe an old thread, however motioncfx template Project 1201 is not only incredibly slow on a fast iMac but unworkable. This mob suck!!! No more from me. Wasted good money on becoming frustrated.

MotionVFX incredibly slow!? 16 May 2020 17:31 #107226

• Cameron Jake
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Heavens I agree with you - Motion VFX logo and M Logo are shocking wastes of money. So slow. Un usable some of them, I lieterally have to spend an afternoon previewing them all and only using the ones that actually work.

What a con shop. Same applies with M02 - it doesnt hardly work on a new 16 / catalina.

I am using 32gb highest graphics card they do 5500m with 8gb ddr ram 6 core i 7 2.6....

Not only that but nowhere is it listed that there are minimum specs. Both pixel and fx factory smash them. Such a shame - not sure who they are trying to attract but it's put me off buying a single thing more from them.

MotionVFX incredibly slow!? 16 May 2020 18:05 #107227

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 474
I use mO2 daily for TV broadcast on an iMac Pro and a 2015 15" rMBP. I have great performance and get work done quickly. I use many MotionVFX products without issues. I suggest if you're having trouble with mO2, join the mO2 Users group on Facebook, run by MotionVFX's tech support guy. He should be able to help you out there. It should be running smoothly as silk for you. Many, many, many folks are using mO2 and other MotionVFX products without issues. Reach out to their tech support, I'm sure they can get things ironed out for you.

• Page: