• Page:

TOPIC: Missing files on import

Missing files on import 07 Jan 2014 22:07 #38345

• tonypromos
  • tonypromos's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm new to FCPX , deciding to finally move from FCP7. I have the most basic issue and I am either doing something really stupid or my system is not working.
When I import a file, lets say an existing ProRes file, or any other file. I get a missing file error.
I have the file on the SAN, When I import and leave in place and it won't see the file, even though when I select the file in the media import window I can view it and scrub it.

See attached screen image.

Any suggestions?

Cheers
Tony
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Missing files on import 07 Jan 2014 22:50 #38348

• tonypromos
  • tonypromos's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
seems like it was bad prefs

Missing files on import 08 Jan 2014 17:06 #38398

• dude at keystone
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
couple of things to check; make sure you select the way you want the file to be imported because you have two important aspects to choose from where in one way you can COPY the file and another way is to NOT COPY the file, typically you might choose not to copy the file if it exists on a drive that is fast and you don't really need a second instance of that media - so it becomes a pointer to the actual file.

I mention this because if you choose to COPY the file and you have selected multiple files, and then possible you do not wait for the process to complete and you close FCPX, you would have interrupted the import and your files would not be finished copying and you'd see them in your event but they wouldn't be there - missing media. y'know what I mean? Could that have happened in your case?

• Page: