fbpx
fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
14 Nov 2020
Moving over to a new system, we couldn't take the old avatars - so please upload a new one!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Audio sweetening lacks in fcpx

Audio sweetening lacks in fcpx 14 Sep 2014 11:51 #52684

• Dimitri
  • Dimitri's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
After more than two years of regulary updates/upgrades of FCPx ... why is there still no good audio sweetening possible with FPCx, if you compare it with Premiere Pro & Audition. Yes, I know you can work with Logic Pro X .. but it's a way around. Is it so difficult for Apple to understand that a good NLE like FPCx has a need of a dedicated audio editing tool like it was with Soundtrack like with FCP7 in the past? Or is there a huge upgrade in the pipeline in the near future. I think, it would level up FCPx in the professional world.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Audio sweetening lacks in fcpx 14 Sep 2014 13:42 #52685

• ronny courtens
  • Thank you received: 896
And what exactly are you missing in FCP X regarding audio sweetening?

- Ronny

Audio sweetening lacks in fcpx 14 Sep 2014 17:40 #52687

• BenB
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1277
I think he means "mixing", which means a "mixer". Sweetening tools (improving the quality and shaping the character of sounds) is there in abundance. But yes, we do lack a mixer.

Although the round-trip to Logic Pro X is super easy now, very efficient, and LPX is super easy to learn and use, especially since the latest release.

Audio sweetening lacks in fcpx 14 Sep 2014 18:07 #52689

• Dimitri
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, If you compare it with Audition ... or with Soundtrack (FCP 7)... Only adjusting levels is not pleasant to use in FPCx. And so many other things. When you want to mix on 5 tracks or more .. FCPx is not the right tool for it. So, there is a need of additional software that corresponds with FCPx in a direct way.

Audio sweetening lacks in fcpx 14 Sep 2014 18:11 #52690

• Dimitri
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
It's very strange that there is a need of a roundtrip to get a mixer and almost endless tracks. Trust me, I'm a real believer in an NLE like FCPx although, everyday I met editors who don't like FCPx.. but there is one thing that is not just build in like it should be for professional use : and that's the audio part in FCPx. But, we hope ... ;-) I have LCPx, but it is more a music composer than an audio editor .

Audio sweetening lacks in fcpx 14 Sep 2014 23:10 #52693

• BenB
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1277
"... If you compare it with Audition ... or with Soundtrack..."

You can't compare a dedicated video editing app, with dedicated audio editing apps. That's apples to onions. STP required a round trip, as does Audition. I must be missing the point.

What do you mean by audio editor? Do you know about its File Editor functions? It is a fully professional DAW, which is meant for music recording, mixing, mastering.

I'm sure Apple will give us a mixer in FCPX, and when they do, it will be done right, not fast. A lot goes in to these things. If it were easy, I'd think we'd have gotten it already.

I have no issue now doing a round trip to Logic for my more serious audio work for my videos. But that said, 99% of my audio work for video is done nicely in FCPX. And a mixer would be nice to have. As long as it is implemented in the same manner as the other great tools Apple has designed in FCPX.

Fill out the feedback page, let Apple know what you'd like to see.

Last edit: by BenB.

Audio sweetening lacks in fcpx 15 Sep 2014 07:02 #52698

• Zemzil
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I’d like to have a Waveform monitor for audio like the Channel EQ give it and not only a Vu-Meter. It could take place in the "Video instrument" frame or be separated.

Last edit: by Zemzil.
  • Page: