fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Browser advice- showing unused clips.

Browser advice- showing unused clips. 19 Nov 2014 22:33 #56226

• Jonathan Levin
  • Jonathan Levin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
Hi all.

I am doing some housekeeping in the browser. I see that all the clips that I have used or used part in my project have the orange line on the bottom of the clip icon.

The ones that have nothing on the bottom are not used in anyway and those are the ones that I'd like to delete from my event in the browser.

So if I go from show "All Clips" to "Unused" I thought that would ONLY show unused media, which I would then remove from the event. But it is showing media that IS used in my project, but now the orange line is gone.

Advice? Here are a couple of screen shots:

Thanks so much. JL

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Browser advice- showing unused clips. 19 Nov 2014 23:09 #56229

• Tom Wolsky
  • Thank you received: 697
Unused shows the unused portions of clips. It does not show clips that have no portion used. GSMPN_10 will show two segments that are unused.

Browser advice- showing unused clips. 19 Nov 2014 23:09 #56230

• JasonP
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
The difference is that when you select Show Unused. It will still show you media from clips/files that has not been used. It just won't show the exact part that has been used.

Ex. look at GSMNP_10. If you notice there are two clips for that filename when you Show Unused. That is because it is showing you the part before the part you used and the part after the part you used.

It is a bit annoying and not always the most useful way to work. Think if of it as applying a keyword to only a portion of the clip and the sorting by removing that keyword (I'm pretty sure that is exactly what it's doing).

Browser advice- showing unused clips. 19 Nov 2014 23:28 #56231

• Jonathan Levin
  • Jonathan Levin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
Thanks Jason and Tom.

So I'm guessing for what I'd like to do like delete clips that have no part used is to view all clips and anything without the orange used line can be deleted.

What a neat thing it would be to be able to delete unused portions on a clip and being able to archive (consolidate?) only the used into a "master" library.

How do you guys work with stuff that just is not used after an edit? Am I too anal retentive? For that you'll have to contact my therapist :blink:

• Page: