fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
14 Nov 2020
Moving over to a new system, we couldn't take the old avatars - so please upload a new one!
  • Page:

TOPIC: FCPx 10.2 Failed: Video Rendering error: 10008

FCPx 10.2 Failed: Video Rendering error: 10008 14 Apr 2015 05:28 #62662

• lotech
  • lotech's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
So upgrade and now trying to export a ProRes 422 of a basic timeline (bunch of clips in line with an MP3 audio track) out of FCPx 10.2. Export gets so far through and although the file has started to being created suddenly stops, deletes the file and then just sits there.
When I send via Compressor I get the "Failed: Video Rendering error: 10008" error message. Not a good feature.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

FCPx 10.2 Failed: Video Rendering error: 10008 14 Apr 2015 06:09 #62665

• lotech
  • lotech's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Ok apparently it was being caused by a weird Photo-Jpeg MOV file. Re-encoded via Mpegstream clip to ProRes and its all rendering again.

FCPx 10.2 Failed: Video Rendering error: 10008 15 Apr 2015 20:02 #62842

• Cmcfarland
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm getting the same error (Video Rendering error: 10008) when I try to compress videos. I tried restarting everything and checked my files and they all seemed to be normal, just PNGs or MOVs.
It was able to compress one video I tried which appears to be random. It had files from the same shoot and slides I created the same way as all the other videos I tried so I don't know why it would be compressing fine when the others did not.

The only solution that has worked so far is using FCPX's sharing tool to export the file and then put that back through the compressor to get it to my exact specifications.

EDIT: By the way, these are projects that were basically finished before the 10.2 update so I haven't done much with them since.

Last edit: by Cmcfarland.

FCPx 10.2 Failed: Video Rendering error: 10008 18 Apr 2015 00:49 #63172

• wwinter86
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Ever since I upgraded to the new FCPX version 10.2, I've been unable to export my videos. I've also been getting error 10008.

FCPx 10.2 Failed: Video Rendering error: 10008 21 May 2016 00:47 #76979

• Mr. Peabody
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
did you ever resolve this issue, and if so, what seem to be the problem. I'm having the same issue with 10.2.3 and I don't have any mixed file formats, only ProRes 422 LT, nothing else.

• Page: