fbpx
fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
14 Nov 2020
Moving over to a new system, we couldn't take the old avatars - so please upload a new one!
  • Page:

TOPIC: FCPx library issue

FCPx library issue 29 May 2015 07:04 #65062

• Dimitri
  • Dimitri's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi there. In need of some help. Probably I've done some stupid actions to resolve the problem at first sight. The result: I have to many copies of a same library .. and in my last library I still get exclamation signs in almost each project although I have relinked all the media. All libraries are on the same external disk (Thunderbolt).

My thoughts : consolidation seems to me not the right way to solve the problem for good. What I want is this : keep on working with my latest library but assuring that all my media in every project are the original media ... BUT that's the issue : how can I do this (because there too many backup copies made the last days so I can't figure out where the original media is stored).

It's like copying one file into another file and by doing this it recognizes same files and overwrite them with the new one or the older one. But in my case, I want to assure that I copie every original file into my latest library. After that I can delete all the other backup copies to work with one library again.

Is there a plugin that can help me to do this ?

Thanks for your reply folks !!!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

FCPx library issue 29 May 2015 08:12 #65063

• ronny courtens
  • Thank you received: 896
Hi Dimitri,

Consolidation is the only right way to do this.

Open your latest Library and close any other Library that is opened.

Make sure all the projects and events you need are in that final Library.

Then select the Library in the browser, go to the Inspector and click the Modify Settings button.

Set your storage locations so that your media and Cache files are stored inside the Library:

Then press the Consolidate button and allow FCP X to import all your media and cache folders inside your Library.

This will give you a final Library that has nothing but original media (no links).

- Ronny
Attachments:

FCPx library issue 29 May 2015 09:29 #65065

• Dimitri
  • Dimitri's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thx Ronny. The problem stays a little bit .. because I don't have any clue which one of the different libraries is the best one to consolidate. But I will give it a try. ;-)

• Page: