fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
14 Nov 2020
Moving over to a new system, we couldn't take the old avatars - so please upload a new one!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Motion made titles/effects/... have no audio?

Motion made titles/effects/... have no audio? 15 Jul 2015 07:57 #66494

Made a title in Motion, added some 'Toon' sound-effects - but shared to FCPX no sounds at all ... did I miss some checkbox to ckeck?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Motion made titles/effects/... have no audio? 15 Jul 2015 13:46 #66497

AFAICT, titles and effects do not have audio in FCP X.

You can, however, export as a movie in Motion with alpha channel, and import that into FCP X, and then you get the audio; of course then you'll have to edit the title text in Motion every time you use it, export, import, which is a hassle.

Motion made titles/effects/... have no audio? 15 Jul 2015 13:52 #66498

Thanks for your suggestion - in this case, the convenience to type the title in FCPX is more important than the audio.

Our workaround:
I created an audio-file with the correct timing (there's an INsound and an OUTsound for some lower-third), so, I can apply the audio track by setting the skimmer at the beginning of the title, Q, done.

Motion made titles/effects/... have no audio? 13 Jan 2021 23:03 #112047

Tell me it's not still true... surely. I've created a title sequence with funky audio effects for my new video podcast in Motion, and found it's silent when applied in FCP. I can't find any mention of this limitation in the Motion User Guide.

Motion made titles/effects/... have no audio? 13 Jan 2021 23:22 #112050

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 563
Actually, it is mentioned in the guide.  "Note: Audio files saved in a Motion template will not be available in Final Cut Pro."

https://support.apple.com/guide/motion/intro-to-final-cut-pro-templates-motn17691fe6/5.5/mac/10.15.6 

Last edit: by Ben Balser.

Motion made titles/effects/... have no audio? 13 Jan 2021 23:37 #112052

Thanks Ben... you're right. I'm rather dismayed to discover this limitation though.

• Page: