TOPIC: Hamburg Pro Media AS-11

Hamburg Pro Media AS-11 09 Oct 2015 18:14 #69374

• Seanchas
  • Seanchas's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi,
Still working on the MXF export... thanks to Ronny I can work it out on FCPX but for various reasons I'd love to just use my trusty old AS-11 suite plugin... it runs but doesn't seem to install under el capitan and the up to date fcpx... does anyone know if it's possible to install it??
Thanks,

Johnny

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hamburg Pro Media AS-11 09 Oct 2015 19:23 #69378

• BenB
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1279
Stay the hell away from El Capitan for awhile. He's an evil pirate and will ruin you...
:angry:

Hamburg Pro Media AS-11 09 Oct 2015 19:56 #69381

• Seanchas
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
I know what you mean... and don't get me started on os9 ( wrecked my phantom software!)
j.

Hamburg Pro Media AS-11 10 Oct 2015 05:39 #69388

• ronny courtens
  • Thank you received: 896
Hey Johnny,

Third-party developers need to adapt their products to make them compatible with fundamental changes in the OS. As the AS-11 suite has been discontinued by Hamburg Media Pro, there is no way the plugin will be updated anymore to run on El Capitan or on future OS versions. So either you stay with an OS that is supported by the plugin, or you forget about the plugin and you use the built-in features in FCP X and Compressor.

And don't forget to keep bugging Apple about the necessity of being able to export multichannel MXF files straight from inside FCP X without needing to go via Compressor. It's an issue that is bothering many people who need to deliver MXF on a daily basis.

- Ronny

Hamburg Pro Media AS-11 10 Oct 2015 15:50 #69404

• Seanchas
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks again Ronny :)
I'm sorry to keep troubling you with tech questions but the longer process of creating mxfs has thrown up a few issues... most importantly I've noticed a dip in the audio of 3dbfs ( if that's the correct term)... my tone of -18 ( which I've tried on just two and on 4 tracks) when converted to 4 track mono comes out as -21.... can you think why?? I made sure to route it with roles to the relevant tracks...
j.

• Page: