• Page:

TOPIC: LUFS Meter for FCP X

LUFS Meter for FCP X 19 Jul 2016 16:00 #78730

• plysat
  • plysat's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 67
I know a lot of us need to "legalize" our mixes for broadcast these days, and most of the solutions to do this either don't work with X, barely work with X, or are overly complex and/or expensive. I stumbled on an updated version of Klangfruend LUFS Meter . the other day though, and it's really nice. It's also only 50 bucks (or $25 for lite version) Compliant with EBU R 128, ATSC A/85 and many others.

I posted about it on my blog and twitter, and got a nice note from the developer today... and it turns out he spent a lot of time debugging this version in FCP X. So if you need something like this, show him some support. (buy it! lol) :-) We need all the devs we can get right?

He's also very open to feedback etc. Hope it's useful, it was for me. :-)
Can't sleep? Try this: fcpxpert.net ;-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

LUFS Meter for FCP X 19 Jul 2016 17:02 #78732

• MsJustine
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I am in Durban, safe and warm...
  • Thank you received: 46
Thanks Plysat and Samuel Gähwiler, I am sure this will be very useful, so far here anything goes, not that many care!! Bad mixing, bad editing, bad sound, get it broadcast is what matters!!

LUFS Meter for FCP X 19 Jul 2016 19:16 #78737

• BenB
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1279
Not a direct FCPX thing, but LPX now has such a meter. Possibly coming to FCPX? Wish list.

LUFS Meter for FCP X 19 Jul 2016 19:21 #78738

• plysat
  • plysat's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 67

BenB wrote: Not a direct FCPX thing, but LPX now has such a meter. Possibly coming to FCPX? Wish list.

It does, but it's very basic, and doesn't allow you to choose from the multitude of different standards. It would be great if it came to X, but this plugin works very well in Logic too, and actually has a ton of features that work really well in a DAW. Worth checking out if you need such a thing.
Can't sleep? Try this: fcpxpert.net ;-)

Last edit: by plysat.
  • Page: