TOPIC: Multicam Issues 10.3 and 10.3.1

Multicam Issues 10.3 and 10.3.1 01 Dec 2016 16:34 #83516

• stanleysousa
  • stanleysousa's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello guys
I'm sorry for English, I'm in Brazil and I need your help.

I work with wedding editing and I use multicam a lot. In my workflow, I cut all the cameras inside the multicam using "in, out". Then I select everything and copy it to a project at the primary level to do the assembly.

Number 1
I checked that in multiclip of 10.3, I can not delete a part of the movie, using (in, out), without joining both parts, because if they join I lose the synchronization. In 10.2, I selected the part that should be deleted with (in, out), and clicked (Backspace), and with that I deleted, keeping a space between the parts. Even using the "Position" tool, this is no longer possible in 10.3.

Number 2
Unfortunately in 10.3, I still can not stabilize a multicam clip. I wanted it to be possible to cut a selection and stabilize only it, but there is no way. Is this hard to do by Apple engineers or do they not care about multicam workflow?

Improvements
I noticed that the multicam now opens in the same position as it was previously, in the same timecode, and that helped, because I can enter the multicam, select with "in, out", cut, stabilize and return to the primary level.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Multicam Issues 10.3 and 10.3.1 02 Dec 2016 07:20 #83536

• ronny courtens
  • Thank you received: 895
Hi Stanley, welcome to the forums.

Number 1:
Use Shift+Backspace, that should work.

Number 2:
The built-in stabilizer does not work with multicam clips. But this one does, and it's not only much faster but in most cases also much better: coremelt.com/products/lock-and-load-x.html

- Ronny

Multicam Issues 10.3 and 10.3.1 02 Dec 2016 08:09 #83543

• Living Smart TV
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • TV-vært, blogger, fotograf, forfatter - tjek www.livingsmarttv.dk Sprællemand :)

ronny courtens wrote: Hi Stanley, welcome to the forums.

Number 2:
The built-in stabilizer does not work with multicam clips. But this one does, and it's not only much faster but in most cases also much better: coremelt.com/products/lock-and-load-x.html

- Ronny

SUPER TIP!!! Thanks - I bought it right away!

Multicam Issues 10.3 and 10.3.1 02 Dec 2016 11:57 #83556

• stanleysousa
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the tips Ronny.

I've used "Lock and Load" previously, but I believe that before it did not stabilize multicam clips. I'm going to do a test with this new version, because this tip will help me a lot in the edition of my marriages.

On the "Shift + Backspace", it still did not work, it continues to cut the selected part and put it together, so I think it was some change they made, because in 10.2 I have here, it works normally.

Multicam Issues 10.3 and 10.3.1 02 Dec 2016 17:33 #83581

• stanleysousa
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I just tested the trial version of "Lock and Load", which says stabilize MC.

I have a Multicam with 4 cameras A7S2 4K. I put the "Lock and Load" in a cut part of the MC, did the trackmotion and rederizei, but the clip did not stabilize, I can enable or disable the plugin that stays the same way. :(

Maybe it's the 10.3.1 version I'm using. I'm going to take a test at home with 10.3.

• Page: