fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

FCPX Is applying a LUT to my Footage on its own. 04 Mar 2021 18:53 #113082

I'm not sure Ronny, but I believe so.

It's a prores4444XQ

Please Log in to join the conversation.

FCPX Is applying a LUT to my Footage on its own. 04 Mar 2021 19:04 #113083

This has been a known issue with Resolve for some time now. The thread below offers solutions to get around this: www.fcp.co/forum/4-final-cut-pro-x-fcpx/...resolve-solution-fix

But your colourist would have to re-export the clips adding a gamma tag and a colour space tag to the clips in the Resolve deliver page. If this is too much of a hassle, you might as well adjust the clips yourself for this project and set things up properly for the next one.

- Ronny

FCPX Is applying a LUT to my Footage on its own. 04 Mar 2021 19:17 #113084

Thanks for the info Ronny. Much appreciated. We'll see what he says...

FCPX Is applying a LUT to my Footage on its own. 04 Mar 2021 19:25 #113085

My pleasure. Please let us know if this solves your issue.

- Ronny

FCPX Is applying a LUT to my Footage on its own. 06 Mar 2021 02:40 #113134

Well, it turned out that a simple correction is FCP wasn't that simple. In the end I had to go into Resolve, but after hours of trial and error, I found the suitable settings.

In the project settings, despite what I read online, setting the gamma to 2.4 didn't solve the issue when exporting into other programmes.

I found that in the Colour management settings if I set it to rec709, gamma 2.6 however, then the image remained consistent through all the programmes. Unfortunately setting it at 2.6 also shafted hue and saturation from the intended grade.

The work around turned out to be simple to counteract this. I applied a colour space transform note, with my gamma input settings at 2.4, and my gamma output settings at 2.5.

I'm sure there's a much easier way though!

• Page: