fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Any issues with Color Finale Pro in Sierra 10.12.4 and FCP X 10.3.3 ?

Any issues with Color Finale Pro in Sierra 10.12.4 and FCP X 10.3.3 ? 08 May 2017 14:50 #87901

• Axel
  • Axel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 72
Read a bug report recently (can't remember where) about FCP X crashing a lot with CFP. I had two chances to test it, but stayed with Colorboard for simple CC and Resolve roundtrips for more advanced corrections (no real serious grading though). I consider to buy it now. Can someone tell me it's safe (iMac 5k late 2015, maxed out)? Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Any issues with Color Finale Pro in Sierra 10.12.4 and FCP X 10.3.3 ? 08 May 2017 15:10 #87903

• ronny courtens
  • Thank you received: 896
Hey Axel,

Using CFP right now on a 2015 MBP (maxed out) running latest versions of Sierra and FCP X. Runs like a charm.

- Ronny
Attachments:

Last edit: by ronny courtens.

Any issues with Color Finale Pro in Sierra 10.12.4 and FCP X 10.3.3 ? 08 May 2017 19:28 #87912

• Overturf
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 40
Hi Axel, hi Ronny,

the warning was about one very special configuration of MBP. Think it was with in-built Intel graphics or so, not 100% sure. No other systems were affected so you should be fine with your iMac (I am with mine!).

In Denver's last mail he said that Apple already addressed the issue in their new beta so it sounds like it's not his fault.

Have fun, CFP is a great tool! And I love it even more since I use the Tangent Ripple with it, my first real color correction controller ;)

Any issues with Color Finale Pro in Sierra 10.12.4 and FCP X 10.3.3 ? 08 May 2017 19:39 #87913

• ronny courtens
  • Thank you received: 896
Hey Sebastian,

Thank you for this clarification. I was surprised to hear there might be issues with CFP, now I know the reason.

- Ronny

• Page: