fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Any one else having problems with colorista 4 and fcpx 10.4

Any one else having problems with colorista 4 and fcpx 10.4 20 Feb 2018 08:46 #94239

• paurray
  • paurray's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Absence of Quality is the essence of squareness.
  • Thank you received: 14
hi, hi

I have the complete Magic Bullet Suite.
Was previously on version 12.
And updated to version 13 last week.
All of the OTHER products in the MB Suite work.

I can see Colorista 4 in the efxs browser ditto other Suite products.
I can see Colorista 4 in the inspector when I apply it but I can not access the controls.
I can access apply and edit all other MB Suite products!!!
  • Trashed my preferences.
  • Have run Disk First aid or what ever it is called in recovery mode.
  • Done a fresh install of FCPX.
  • Red Giant have me massage my permissions for efx folders but so far no joy!

And I am NOT on High Siera rather Siera 10.12.6*

*Want FCP7 on my main system drive as long as possible! :woohoo:

Was wondering if this is just a special "Paul" problem or if other have this/similar issues?

best

Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by paurray.

Any one else having problems with colorista 4 and fcpx 10.4 20 Feb 2018 09:05 #94240

• paurray
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
trying to attach a screen shot here but keep getting an error...
Please ignore if no screen shot is here :blink:

Any one else having problems with colorista 4 and fcpx 10.4 20 Feb 2018 13:13 #94245

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 415
"Want FCP7 on my main system drive as long as possible!" Why on this good green earth would you "want" to do that? Serious question, I'm curious. And that's off topic...

Screen shots are usually created by your Mac as larger resolutions than are allowed here. Open it into Preview, change the size so that hight/width are no more than 1200 pixel, and the resolution is 72 pixels, and it is a JPEG file. Then it'll stick.

I haven't touched Colorista in a very long time, if you have the latest version, I'd assume it should work. Drop the developer a line, see what they say.

Any one else having problems with colorista 4 and fcpx 10.4 20 Feb 2018 13:30 #94246

• paurray
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi

"Want FCP7 on my main system drive as long as possible!" Why on this good green earth would you "want" to do that? Serious question, I'm curious. And that's off topic...

Believe it or not in my neck of the woods (Berlin) a lot of people are still on FCP7.
Maybe this has something to do with my clients...
eg the last one was working on a long term doc (20 years)
Obviously she started before FCPX came out with miniDV etc.

Screen shots are usually created by your Mac as larger resolutions than are allowed here. Open it into Preview, change the size so that hight/width are no more than 1200 pixel, and the resolution is 72 pixels, and it is a JPEG file. Then it'll stick.

I tried a whole pile of stuff. Any way the screen shot just shows the inspector with all the tabs for the other MB products working fine. Only Coloista is flakey...
Meaning I see the Colorista Tab but there are zero options to control anything in it.
i.e. nothing shows up inside it.

Drop the developer a line, see what they say.

I already did, and they are responding all be it very slowly. I was just curious if this is just me or if other people are having problems. eg on the Red Giant site there is contradicting info about Pluralise working in FCPX 10.4. I know for a fact I had it working yesterday :lol:

Any one else having problems with colorista 4 and fcpx 10.4 07 Mar 2018 14:36 #94504

• dbrack
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
It's not just you. Out of the blue, I can't open the inspector panel for Colorista IV. It was working fine one minute, then stopped. Extremely annoying, mid-project (of course). OSX 10.13.3 FCPX 10.4

It seems the clips I've applied it to are still affected by it... but I can't change or disable.

I've reinstalled, MBS, FCPX, tried another admin account.... Nothing has helped.

Have you made any progress on this? I've submitted a ticket, but no word back yet.

Any one else having problems with colorista 4 and fcpx 10.4 08 Mar 2018 11:55 #94520

• paurray
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi dbrack

I am on holidays ans have limited internet access. I tried pretty much every thing You did. Except the admin account. I had a ticket with the following number @ Red Giant. #88565. It got closed automaticsly as I could not reply. Also so not habe my Computer with me....

Maybe this helps

Best

Paul.

Any one else having problems with colorista 4 and fcpx 10.4 08 Mar 2018 13:49 #94521

• dbrack
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Red Giant got back with me yesterday. It's a know problem was caused by a bug in their latest MBS installer. They sent me a link to an older installer and it solved the problem.... mercifully. Back to work.

db

Any one else having problems with colorista 4 and fcpx 10.4 10 Mar 2018 03:15 #94545

• paurray
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear there is a solution.
Best Paul

• Page: