• Page:

TOPIC: Font Management

Font Management 03 Apr 2018 17:49 #94963

• robertdee
  • robertdee's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Thought I'd start a thread about font management. I have a lot of titles I've purchased and work with several companies who have their own fonts and after a while I get font bulk and the inevitable slow down that comes with that. The problem with FCPX as it stands at the moment is that it doesn't tell you what font is missing from a project and just replaces it (as far as I can tell).

I have Fusion Suitcase and have folders sorted for clients but the plugins which come with endless different fonts make things tricky. There does seem to be a new font download prompt that seems to have appeared in 10.4 but it doesn't seem to catch everything.

What do people do to organise their fonts effectively in FCPX?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Font Management 09 Apr 2018 14:20 #95032

• dgwvideo
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 244
I just use the built in Font Book, however I don't have a huge collection of client fonts. It may be that FCPX integration works better with the built-in Font Book than it does with a third party font manager. In the past there have been some issues with using another font manager alongside OS X Font Book, but I don't know if that still exists. You might try playing those client fonts (at least temporarily) into Font Book and test your project to see if FCPX now correctly identifies the missing fonts. You can always remove them after testing if it doesn't fix anything.
Creating history....one edit at a time !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: