fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: FCPX Bugs: corruption of timecodes of crossfaded still images connected to the primary storyline

FCPX Bugs: corruption of timecodes of crossfaded still images connected to the primary storyline 27 Apr 2018 17:55 #95320

• eric.kornblum
  • eric.kornblum's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
This bug has been around since the earliest versions of FCPX (and i've reported it to them several times…), and I'm bring it up again because it appears that the bug can also lead to FCPX corrupting entire projects.
This "original" bug has to do with FCPX corrupting the in/out timecodes of still images that are connected to the primary storyline and that have crossfades between them. This happens when you update/replace the images (such as using an app to replace/overwrite them, or even just dragging new files over the old ones in the finder), even though the replacement still images are the same resolution & format, and even when created using the same program. I've documented this here:

And here's a video demonstrating how this bug can lead to FCPX corrupting entire projects if you then move one of these connected storylines that contains the still images with the corrupt timecodes:

And here's a video demonstrating how this bug can lead to FCPX corrupting entire projects if you then move one of these connected storylines that contains the still images with the corrupt timecodes:

Eric Kornblum

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

FCPX Bugs: corruption of timecodes of crossfaded still images connected to the primary storyline 29 Apr 2018 10:42 #95324

• MadsLarsenNielsen
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Eric,

Thanks for posting this bug. Would you be able to send me a zipped offline version of the Library (just delete any used media and render files inside til Library on the Finder level)? Please send to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Also, which versions of macOS and FCPX was the Library created in?

Thanks!

Best,
Mads

Last edit: by MadsLarsenNielsen.

FCPX Bugs: corruption of timecodes of crossfaded still images connected to the primary storyline 29 Apr 2018 12:43 #95325

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 506
I can duplicate this, but only when zoomed in far enough to see a full frame's worth of time. I can duplicate this in several different Librarys / Projects. But, I've personally not seen this in past versions before.

FCPX Bugs: corruption of timecodes of crossfaded still images connected to the primary storyline 30 Apr 2018 19:41 #95349

• eric.kornblum
  • eric.kornblum's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
This was made in OSX 10.13.4, and FCPX 10.4.1.
I'm emailing you the zipped project now. Thanks

• Page: