• Page:

TOPIC: X-Title Caption Updates

X-Title Caption Updates 03 May 2018 13:47 #95384

• Andreas Kiel
  • Andreas Kiel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 175
I've created one new app and added a feature to X-Title Caption Convert.
For these betas I will use Dropbox.

New: X-Title Caption Export
Easy way to convert one or more Caption tracks to SRT (some more simple formats will follow).
Just drag a project from FCP browser or project XML to the app's window, XML to the app's icon or open an XML via menu.
If more than one caption track is found the app asks to select one - this will happen until either all tracks are converted or the user stops the conversion.
The .srt files will be saved to the desktop as "original project name-[caption type].[caption lang id].srt".
Prefs are not yet working. Current version will work for all X-Title owners without limits, for others it will stop at 88 titles per language.
Usage is really simple, conversion fast.
I would appreciate some sample XMLs from you.
www.dropbox.com/s/av74vzijr90a75h/XTCE.dmg?dl=0

Update: X-Title Caption Convert:
Added a new Motion Template which adds a background (similar to standard captions)
www.dropbox.com/s/bn4638fncr3f7po/XTCC.dmg?dl=0

- Andreas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

X-Title Caption Updates 2 04 May 2018 15:20 #95394

• Andreas Kiel
  • Andreas Kiel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 175
Both X-Title Caption apps are going "golden master" - I hope.
Versions are now back again on my server - after successful migration to a new place.

I still would appreciate to get some sample XMLs from you.

Valid for both apps:
Auto-Float option: Once this option is enabled the app stays above all other windows once the app is activated. This is helpful in FCPX when you want to drag a project to the app. After a conversion the app falls back to normal until it is activated again.
Saving behaviour: There is the option to Auto-Save to a user selected folder (default 'Desktop') or manually to any other location.
Warnings: Both apps now give a warning when XML version is below v1.8. Lower versions are useless since there were no captions.

X-Title Caption Export
Conversion behaviour: if you have multiple caption streams together with the new saving behaviour you have the option to convert only one of the streams, a selection or all.
This will be the fastest way ever to get SRTs out FCPX ever - even faster and easier than exporting a CEA/iTT from FCPX ;-)
spherico.com/filmtools/TitleExchange/XTCE/XTCE.dmg

X-Title Caption Convert
See above for global changes.
But a question: "Drag XMLs" are "orphans", means they don't have any relation to a Library or Event. In such case the auto-open option will always ask (FCPX does) which library should be used and then a new event will be created.
So an idea could be to have an "watch folder" for the app and once an XML would be appear there (saved from FCPX via menu) the xml will be processed and then belongs to it's original parents after you selected a library.
What do you think?
Without one you still can save an XML then drop it to the app and FCP will ask for the library.
spherico.com/filmtools/TitleExchange/XTCC/XTCC.dmg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Andreas Kiel.
  • Page: