TOPIC: Logging Favourites with Keyboard only

Logging Favourites with Keyboard only 05 Mar 2019 14:33 #99160

• Seanchas
  • Seanchas's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi,

I'm regularly breaking down interviews into favourites , I hate to take my hands off the keyboard but find myself pressing F to favourite, then having to mouse click the star to name it.. ( I press enter rather than double click to activate the name field.. ) Is there a way to do it with just keyboard?
Johnny

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Logging Favourites with Keyboard only 06 Mar 2019 00:54 #99172

• joema
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 334
You have to do this in list mode. Toggle between filmstrip mode and list mode with OPT+CMD+2.

In list mode you must first have all disclosure triangles opened up. To do this OPT+click on the top-level one. I don't know a shortcut for that.

Once opened, just use up/down arrow keys to go to prev/next clips. Mark the range with I and O. Then press TAB twice to rename the favorite.

A totally different way is don't use favorites but use keywords tied to specific shortcut keys. This can be done in filmstrip mode. For a complete description see MacBreak Studio #223 "Warp Speed Keywording":

Last edit: by joema.

Logging Favourites with Keyboard only 06 Mar 2019 10:50 #99175

• Seanchas
  • Seanchas's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
TAB twice, that's the secret.. thank you so much :)
You may know this already but it's possible to open all the disclosure triangles by hitting apple A ( select all ), then the right arrow opens everything, left closes...
j.

• Page: