I am between projects so I thought I'd update FCP to 10.4.7, released today. As usual, after updating app, Projects and Libraries need to be updated. I usually don't have any issues, however today when I updated a Library, a whole bunch of my Transforms (Motion control) on still photos have been altered. Tried to set and reset Spacial conform on some of the images but that didn't help.
It seems that the only way to fix this is to redo every move on dozens of still images in FCP. I am now afraid to open any other Libraries until I can figure out what's going on.
The problem seems to be on all the Projects. Anywhere where there would be a photo (.psd) and where I applied a Transform. On my end I still see that the update kept the tracking data i.e scaling effect, movement, etc. it looks like with the update it somehow reset the Spacial Conform. If I click and turn Transform on I can see the motion “path”.
Another observation: if I select a photo that has this issue in the timeline, and try to change the Spacial Conform to any of the options (fit, fill, none) that now has no affect.
I did some testing today.and decided to copy the contents of one of the Projects that had this issue and paste it into a new project.
And this solved the odd random transform issue, at least for that. So I just have to copy all the contents of the Projects, and then paste into new Project. IIf anyone has a clue as to whey I would have to do this I am all ears.
I still have the issue of typefaces reverting to Helvetica, even with the above work-around.
I would suggest getting the free app FCS Remover from Digital Rebellion and using it to delete FCPX. Reinstall from scratch. It won't touch your Libraries or Motion templates. Worth a shot, and it gets all the necessary system files and such.
I just finished Re-installing FCPX after using FCS Remover.
Loaded a fresh back up into FCP and still have the Transform issue and Font issue.
I can still select an entire Project, Copy, and Paste into a new Project and everything other than the font issue is OK. The new Project was created in the same Library as my other troubled Projects.
I can't begin to guess why copying the contents of one Project to a new Project works since it seems I would be copying over the problems with it. I suppose if worst comes to worse, I just recreate all my Projects using Above method. Lots of Projects though.
Since I have lots of back ups of this Library, is there anything in the Bundle I could start playing/deleting?
Regarding the fonts issue you seem to have - have you tried opening FontBook and checking for duplicate fonts? If you have any you can resolve them by deleting or disabling them. Duplicate fonts can cause strange behaviors in apps. You might also check in FontBook to see if you have any extremely long named fonts, or ones with weird characters in them. This has also been known to create problems.
Yes, I went into Font Book and deleted all duplicate fonts. Not that many of them. Looked for other warning signs but didn't see any.
I re-created all the Projects in Library by copying and pasting into new Projects. I deleted the "old" Projects as I did this. All the new Projects work as expected, with the exception of the font issue. I then clicked on the Library in the Browser and then File>Delete Generated files and selected everything.
Thought that when I deleted a Project that I would actually see something in my Mac's trash but maybe I'm not recalling this correctly.
Really glad that I make Master-files of all completed videos. But it would be nice to be able to anticipate opening a not-so-old-2015 Library without issues.
Sorry to hear of your problem - and I don't have a lot to add - but I also use (the great) Producer's Best Friend to make reports for all my finished projects and I archive those along with the Master files. It really helps if I run into a issue like yours and I need to remember what the effect, title, transition, etc, was.