TOPIC: Color Finale 2.0

Color Finale 2.0 10 Dec 2019 00:37 #103076

• DmitriZigany
  • DmitriZigany's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 24
What's up with this?

They've now sent out two teaser emails about it but when going to their webpage there's no info... Kinda annoying marketing method... Also now by Color Trix Ltd, did Mr Riddle sell the app?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Color Finale 2.0 10 Dec 2019 02:35 #103078

• dgwvideo
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 232
The official release of CF2 is tomorrow, so probably won't be shown on the site until it is officially out. As far as I can tell, Color Trix Ltd. is a new company formed in 2019 by Dmitry Lavrov who is the software engineer that created Color Finale. I believe Denver Riddle had or has some partnership with Dmitry, perhaps as a marketing arm. You can google the company and look at the corporate filing information.
Creating history....one edit at a time !

Color Finale 2.0 10 Dec 2019 12:57 #103089

• cseeman
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 61
Just a very odd observation from "left field" as it were but on the day Color Finale 2 is released, Color Grading Central releases a video pushing Cinema Grade with Denver Riddle. It strikes me as odd to push their other product on a day they'd be "all in" on marketing CF2.

Color Finale 2.0 10 Dec 2019 13:40 #103093

• cseeman
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
And I do NOT trust the upgrade process at all.
Upgrade your existing license to pro requires you to check with your email. It FAILS for me.
Then I use Upgrade from any previous product to Color Finale™ 2
Email works I'm sent a discount code.
There's no mention of the discount so I'm not sure it's actually recognized my previous Pro license.
It only gives you 2 hours to use the code. It was over an hour between requesting and checking my email. There's no warning in advance there's a time limit.
If you start the process and you must to see what the discount is, and don't complete it because you have questions, you have to wait at least 24 hours to request the code again.

The upgrade from Pro (1.9.4) to Pro 2.0 is supposedly $109 according to their chart (full purchase is $149 so it's only about a 25% discount. If I check that with the code and don't complete the purchase because I don't understand the difference between Upgrade Existing License and Upgrade from any Previous Version, I have to wait 24 hours to request another code.

This is really badly explained and executed on their part IMHO.

Last edit: by cseeman.

Color Finale 2.0 10 Dec 2019 19:37 #103101

• denverkr
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
We have not as yet released an official public statement but for those who want to know and are considering upgrading/purchasing Color Finale 2.0 I highly recommend it.

We have decided (Dmitry and I) in the interest of our products e.g. Cinema Grade and Color Finale to pursue our separate visions independently with Dmitry pursuing Color Finale development and me pursuing Cinema Grade development.

They both have their strengths and are intended for different audiences.

I have been able observe the development of CF 2.0 over the course of the past year and I can fully endorse it as by far the best color color correction/grading tool for Final Cut Pro X. I have no commercial gain or benefit from my endorsement above but to assure users they will be getting the best value from Dmitry and his dedicated team.

Any communications or posts from CGC on other unrelated subjects are coincidental.

Please kindly be patient with Dmitry and team as they are very busy with launch 2.0. They have the best support and will be getting back to you shortly.

Color Finale 2.0 10 Dec 2019 23:19 #103107

• Domscillator
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

cseeman wrote: And I do NOT trust the upgrade process at all.
Upgrade your existing license to pro requires you to check with your email. It FAILS for me.
Then I use Upgrade from any previous product to Color Finale™ 2
Email works I'm sent a discount code.
There's no mention of the discount so I'm not sure it's actually recognized my previous Pro license.
It only gives you 2 hours to use the code. It was over an hour between requesting and checking my email. There's no warning in advance there's a time limit.
If you start the process and you must to see what the discount is, and don't complete it because you have questions, you have to wait at least 24 hours to request the code again.

The upgrade from Pro (1.9.4) to Pro 2.0 is supposedly $109 according to their chart (full purchase is $149 so it's only about a 25% discount. If I check that with the code and don't complete the purchase because I don't understand the difference between Upgrade Existing License and Upgrade from any Previous Version, I have to wait 24 hours to request another code.

This is really badly explained and executed on their part IMHO.

Yeah, I would also like some more transparency when it comes to the upgrades. As a Color Finale Pro user, I'd like to know what my upgrade price is-nice and simple. Why would you make your customers (and the ones willing to pay the upgrade fee) work to find what they have to pay with cryptic links as such is a big mystery to me. Hopefully, everything will be smoothened out in the next few days. I am pretty sure Color Finale 2.0 is going to be worth it but if the process was easier I would have updated already :(

Color Finale 2.0 11 Dec 2019 11:16 #103124

• Domscillator
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Heads-up for Color Finale 1 users:

Be careful when trying the demo for Color Finale 2!
It basically overrides the 1.x installation and all you end up is a trial version of 2 for seven days!

If you don't have the installer for Color Finale 1 then you're out of luck as there is no sign of this on the website.

I luckily had it and was able to revert back but this is less than perfect experience.

While testing, the masks kept crashing Final Cut Pro 10.4.7 constantly so I couldn't really evaluate that feature either :(

Looks pretty good if everything works as it's intended though :)

Last edit: by Domscillator.

Color Finale 2.0 11 Dec 2019 11:46 #103127

• PO
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi. I've upgraded to colour finale 2 and everything seems to be working. Took a little while to find my way around the new UI. Two things are a bit annoying. The colour wheels only update when you release them, whereas the sliders update immediately.
The tracker is a bit fussy. Doesn't always track.
I've only had one crash, but have had the zoom tool jam on a few times making it impossible to make any adjustments.
I upgraded fromPro to Pro version 2 with the discount, although when I first tried it said I wasn't entitled to a discount. I used the support button telling me to try again and it worked. I prefer working with Colour Finale than the inbuilt system, but find both do a good job. Still find Resolve slicker though, much easier to manipulate the controls.
wish CF used the mouse wheel.

Color Finale 2.0 11 Dec 2019 13:45 #103129

• joema
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 285
The main problem with CF2 I've encountered is the Image Analysis isolation region (essentially the crop tool) is only active on scopes when holding down the mouse button. This makes adjusting scopes on the isolated region almost impossible. They will consider updating this.

The reason for the current implementation was due to plugin architecture the isolation region if left on would be rendered to the output.

Color Finale 2.0 11 Dec 2019 18:33 #103136

• cseeman
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
FCP.co did a live show yesterday specific to Color Finale 2 with Dimitry.
I certainly have a better understanding of his thinking after watching it.

Color Finale 2.0 16 Dec 2019 18:49 #103292

• Buhardilla
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I'd like to know from CF users what this plugin can offer to this moment. In other words, what am I loosing ?
Let's see:
* FCPX colour tools are amazing and very fast.
* There are already nice mask tracking alternatives (ie SliceX) .
* In the case you need something more sophisticated you can get for just 89 $ a plugin as ColorSynth.
* About LUT's, film emulations, etc.. there are lots of them in all prices ranges
Opinions please!

• Page: