fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Duplicate Shapes and style of shape?

Duplicate Shapes and style of shape? 30 Dec 2019 17:56 #103648

• ETdroneHome
  • ETdroneHome's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I am working on a project that requires the use of arrows to identify still image problems to be corrected with PS. The shapes (arrows) in FCPX will highlight those areas along with text (titles) describing the problem. This is a before and after promo type video.

I have created the shapes applied fill and outline colors and would like to save this as a 'style ' associated with the arrow and also the text. I can copy and paste the shape within the project.

How can I save it as 'arrow small green' or text green to be used in other projects?

Rich

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Duplicate Shapes and style of shape? 31 Dec 2019 17:25 #103664

• dgwvideo
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 242
Create a compound clip to save and retain everything you modified on the shape. Select the clip and press Option-G to do this. The compound clip will live in your library (in the event you create it in) but you can move this or copy it to any event in any library and it will be available for all your projects. Some people create a separate library for compound clip creations and use that to store them for future use.

You should read about creating and using them as there are options for how they function. By default, if you make one and then open it in the timeline to change something, the change will propagate throughout all instances of where the compound clip is used in your project. In some cases you may want this, but in others maybe not. For the latter, you can select to reference a new parent clip when you make the compound clip and then you can change anything inside it and it will not affect other instances of where you used it.

Read Apple's official document in the manual for using compound clips here:
support.apple.com/guide/final-cut-pro/cr...lips-verca9e8d33/mac
Creating history....one edit at a time !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: