• Page:

TOPIC: artifacts in timeline but NOT browser

artifacts in timeline but NOT browser 03 Feb 2020 22:23 #104367

• nxtkitt
  • nxtkitt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
So I'm working on a 1080 timeline and 4k ProRes files.
Files left in place (external hd), not imported to library. Mac Pro is loaded so it's good.
No problem so far. 6 projects in after I make one cut I notice the same artifacts on the video in the timeline. Same place. I check the file in the browser and it's clean. I replace it on the timeline. Still there. Make duplicate project. Still there. Trash the preferences, still there.
So I start searching forums including this one but I only find discussions about codecs, etc.
It's not until I select the timeline clip and futz with the Spatial Conform - which was set to FIT (since it's a 4k clip into the 1080 timeline). Fit created artifacts (out of the blue in this library on just this clip). Set it to FILL and artifacts gone. Set it to NONE and gone too.

SOLUTION!

So I wanted to leave this problem + solution here for anyone else having this issue to find.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by nxtkitt.

artifacts in timeline but NOT browser 04 Feb 2020 03:57 #104374

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 413
The first thing to try in situations like this is to delete all the render files. Glad you figured it out.

artifacts in timeline but NOT browser 04 Feb 2020 19:06 #104385

• nxtkitt
  • nxtkitt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
YESSSSS!
So much MORE logical. It kept showing up bc Final Cut was just reusing the same render files... In my head I just kep hearing the common "trash the prefs, trash the prefs"... Next time my goto will be DELETE THE RENDERS first.

thx!

artifacts in timeline but NOT browser 04 Feb 2020 23:36 #104392

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 413
And make sure in the Preferences you have Background Rendering turned off.

Delete The Renders, Trash The Prefs, Delete The Renders, Trash The Prefs, Delete The Renders, Trash The Prefs, Delete The Renders, Trash The Prefs, Delete The Renders, Trash The Prefs, Delete The Renders, Trash The Prefs, Delete The Renders, Trash The Prefs, Delete The Renders, Trash The Prefs, Delete The Renders, Trash The Prefs, Delete The Renders, Trash The Prefs, Delete The Renders, Trash The Prefs, Delete The Renders, Trash The Prefs, Delete The Renders, Trash The Prefs, Delete The Renders, Trash The Prefs, Delete The Renders, Trash The Prefs, Delete The Renders, Trash The Prefs, Delete The Renders, Trash The Prefs...

Last edit: by FCPX.guru.
  • Page: