fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
14 Nov 2020
Moving over to a new system, we couldn't take the old avatars - so please upload a new one!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Corrupted clip (?) won't export

Corrupted clip (?) won't export 08 Feb 2020 17:23 #104478

• parkerhqj
  • parkerhqj's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
I have four clips from an interview in my timeline that I need to export with timecode to send off for transcripts. It repeatedly failed to export. I then exported them one by one until I found the culprit. I can see the clip play just fine in the timeline, but it won't export. I'm guessing it's a corrupted clip. Does that sound like the right diagnosis an d if so, is there anything I can do about it? I shoot with a GH5. I've never run into this before. thx!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Corrupted clip (?) won't export 08 Feb 2020 17:36 #104480

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 534
First, select the Library in the browser, go to the File menu, to Delete All Generated File and delete ALL render files.

If that doesn't do it, launch FCPX while holding the Option+Command keys together, to delete the preference files.

But that is usually a bad render file, I think.

Corrupted clip (?) won't export 08 Feb 2020 20:27 #104484

• parkerhqj
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks. Just tried that and still ng. Couldn't get the jpeg to attach so I've written it out. This is the message that pops up:

The share operation "Master File has failed. The operation could not be completed because an error occurred when creating frame 271 ((Error 10008f, 00:00:1107 ,,((Error 12909c, P1021163.mov@ 00:00:11:08)..)).

If that's not gobbledygook to you, then I'm impressed! I don't mind not losing this particular clip, I'm just worried that it will keep happening and I can't access a longer more important clip. Frustrating that it's right there playing back beautifully but I can't use it. thx

Last edit: by parkerhqj.

Corrupted clip (?) won't export 08 Feb 2020 21:57 #104487

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 534
See if you can export that clip from the Browser.

If not, I'd get the original off the hard drive and convert it to something, then import and use that.

Corrupted clip (?) won't export 09 Feb 2020 07:57 #104490

• dgwvideo
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 248
You might try setting FCPX timecode to frames, then in the timeline, zoom in very far and navigate to frame 271 to see if there is an issue. Sometimes you'll find a stray frame attached or perhaps missing in that general area. You may be able to simply remove the particular frame, and then try your export again. After you follow Ben's advise of deleting render files, you may want to try to render that particular clip before exporting to see if that makes a difference.
Creating history....one edit at a time !

Corrupted clip (?) won't export 10 Feb 2020 15:04 #104513

• parkerhqj
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
dgwvideo - you're as genius! I did what you suggested and lo and behold, that one little black frame was the cause of the problem. I cut it out and everything went smoothly from there. I've never encountered anything like that before. I don't have the original clip on my card any more. I wonder if the problem started there or on import.

Thanks for your help.

• Page: