Final Cut Pro X for motion design 13 Feb 2020 14:53 #104587

• jackheinrich98
  • jackheinrich98's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Greetings everybody, I'm new here.

I really want to make motion content like this:

I've recently acquired Final Cut Pro X. I already have photoshop. Is it doable? Any techniques and tutorials that could be helpful in guiding me in achieving this? Any plug-ins you'd recommend? I've seen some but they seem more for text animation than objects.

Bonus question: I installed Final Cut Pro X on my mac that I already use for music production which I take very seriously. B) I am a little bit worried that there will be repercussions on its performance ability by using it for both music and video production... Is it? 16 GB RAM, 1TB SSD.

Any help will be appreciated!!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Final Cut Pro X for motion design 15 Feb 2020 17:56 #104648

• VidGreg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 189
Hi Jack98 welcome to the forums.
Elaborate opening sequences are a lot of fun and a lot of work. In the example you link to, there are maybe a thousand+ elements combined to make a couple of minutes video. Asking in the forums how to do this most likely will not get you comprehensive instructions. However, there are lots of great tutorials out there.

First I would recommend that you decide on what programs you are going to use. Personally, I would use Motion 5; not FCPX, Photoshop, After Effects, Blender etc… but your choice. FCPX does have many of the elements built-in, but for the complexity you are showing, you will need to use the additional power in Motion5.
Motion 5 is capable of and is designed to create these types of sequences. Motion 5 does have a steep learning curve and so to get good at it, requires lots of time.
Check out Tutorials like…
Simon Ubsdell has some excellent step by step tutorials and he tends to create complex Motion projects www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeZvvhzFi...bzZ5bhJ45QWzPHQ3Y5qy
Ripple Training has many free tutorials and Mark Spencer has done many videos on Motion so you can start there and if you like his style, you might also consider purchasing some of their training videos.
www.youtube.com/user/rippleguy
There really are some great tutorials out there and several people here on these forums have also created or demonstrated "how to's". Ben Halsall, Ben Balser, Tom Wolsky, Bret Williams(BretFX), T Payton, to name just a few. There are also links to many sites and tutorials here @fcp.co.
Depending on what you want to do, you may find some plug-ins that will work out well or serve as a beginning that you can modify in FCPX or more likely Motion. Most plug-ins are editable in Motion. FXFactory has a lot of good content that you could try out.
fxfactory.com

As for the computer being used for both audio and video, this is not a problem unless you are trying to run them all at once. If you start having issues, quit all unneeded apps and maybe restart to free up any stuck memory and resources.

Good luck, Happy Editing
Greg

Final Cut Pro X for motion design 15 Feb 2020 21:57 #104652

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 413
Pixelmator Pro

Hoipe that got typed correctlym, can hardly see this relly tiny type since the site so called upgraded...

Final Cut Pro X for motion design 15 Feb 2020 22:22 #104653

• Albo
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Type is not so small for me.
Just to let you know.

Final Cut Pro X for motion design 16 Feb 2020 04:28 #104659

• Karsten Schlüter
  • Thank you received: 648

FCPX.guru wrote: … can hardly see this relly tiny type since the site so called upgraded...

type cmd-+ to increase font size …

Final Cut Pro X for motion design 16 Feb 2020 21:42 #104671

• JarrodMFay
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Yes, this is a whole bunch of rotoscoping and motion graphics work. Probably in After Effects but could be done in Motion pretty easily. The fight scenes and particle work takes a long time to do but certainly looks cool. If you're only doing a small amount on a project it isn't too time consuming but for a whole music video you're looking at days of gfx work. Doing it in FCPX would be silly (even with plugins). And you'll want a bunch of RAM for previews. Good luck.

Final Cut Pro X for motion design 17 Feb 2020 06:43 #104677

• arc
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
If you want to do the character animation some 3-D animation programs can output in 2-D (toonstyle, sketch pad, outline etc) Having said that Poser would be your best bet for simple character animation and it can output to many 2-D styles. The characters are already rigged and ready to animate. You can create hearts, clubs, spades and diamonds in Photoshop but illustrator would be a much better choice. You could then apply some minor animation to the objects in FCPX but Motion and After Effects would be a much better option.

• Page: