fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How To Get my After Effects Projects Into Final Cut Pro X/ Motion?

How To Get my After Effects Projects Into Final Cut Pro X/ Motion? 02 Mar 2020 16:14 #105103

• willypimentel
  • willypimentel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I have a template Animation with built in, FX that I would like to work on FCP X o motion?
Is there a way to accomplish this. I understand that Automatic Duck was absolved by Adobe... how can I do this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How To Get my After Effects Projects Into Final Cut Pro X/ Motion? 02 Mar 2020 23:19 #105118

• PaulG
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
To my knowledge, there's no way to bring AE effects or animation pre-sets into FCPX or Motion. You can render out your clips from AE with the effects or animation built-in and bring them into FCPX (that's what I do all day), but I'm not sure there's another route. You might try playing around with going into Premiere via an embedded AE project, but as far as I know, Premiere doesn't access AE effects or behaviors unless you open the AE project.

How To Get my After Effects Projects Into Final Cut Pro X/ Motion? 03 Mar 2020 04:26 #105122

• willypimentel
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
I misspoke!! There is no special fx , just transformations some glows and Shadows.. maybe if i bring it into premiere, then there may be a solution that brings it from premiere to fcp x!!

How To Get my After Effects Projects Into Final Cut Pro X/ Motion? 03 Mar 2020 05:11 #105124

• PaulG
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Why don’t you render your effects layer out of AfterEffects In ProRes 4444 with an alpha channel? Then you can bring it into FCPX and do your final comp there.

How To Get my After Effects Projects Into Final Cut Pro X/ Motion? 03 Mar 2020 05:13 #105125

• PaulG
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
You can do glows and shadows in FCPX. You don’t have to use AE. There’s quite a lot you can do in FCPX if you treat it as an FX tool and not just an NLE.

How To Get my After Effects Projects Into Final Cut Pro X/ Motion? 03 Mar 2020 05:18 #105126

• willypimentel
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
I cloud but it is a restaurant menu that i am using for different clients. It is essentially a template animation that i wish to keep using in fcp x /motion instead of Ae..
i don’t subscribe to adobe cs and i really don”y want to pay them.
But it is a simple animation..

How To Get my After Effects Projects Into Final Cut Pro X/ Motion? 03 Mar 2020 05:19 #105127

• willypimentel
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Added a Gif file of the moviehttps://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2481671082071965

Last edit: by willypimentel. Reason: Added Gif

How To Get my After Effects Projects Into Final Cut Pro X/ Motion? 03 Mar 2020 05:22 #105128

• willypimentel
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
I guest i could but i am honestly not that good animating !! ???

How To Get my After Effects Projects Into Final Cut Pro X/ Motion? 03 Mar 2020 06:51 #105130

• Axel
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 72
No instagram member, so I couldn‘t see that. Was that a solution?
Because I know AAE longer and better than Motion, I use it. I‘d think you could easily rebuild AAE animation templates in Motion, but then it‘s the same one-way and cul-de-sac. Unfortunately, with Catalina Adobe has unceremoniously shut down their Pro-Import, so there doesn‘t seem to be a direct way to open pre-composed compounds from FCP in AAE, unless you buy APP for this roundtrip workaround purpose alone (proposed as a „what‘s. new“ feature in AAE CC 2020).

So it isn‘t getting better at all. If it weren‘t for Mocha, I‘d cancel my AAE subscription now. Not into motion graphics, but if I were, I used Motion, and I rigged and published all templates for FCP, because everything else made little sense.

How To Get my After Effects Projects Into Final Cut Pro X/ Motion? 20 Mar 2020 14:13 #105444

• willypimentel
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Getting rid of ae is exactly what i want to do..

How To Get my After Effects Projects Into Final Cut Pro X/ Motion? 21 Mar 2020 06:03 #105452

• cofe
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
I had a look at the template and this is not difficult to do in Motion.

If you want to get rid of AE I think you need to invest the time to learn Motion, at least so much to recreate what you need.

The super big pay-off of investing some time now (best time ever?) is that you can build it as a template Motion that you can modify in FCP by publishing the parts you want to modify, like text or bg images or colour of shape elements. If you're too daunted to learn on your own why not get a turorial by eg. Ripple Training on rigging in motion. You will save so much time down the track..

• Page: