TOPIC: Artefacts Appearing on Timeline and Rendered Video

Artefacts Appearing on Timeline and Rendered Video 14 Mar 2020 17:27 #105359

• lsg1990
  • lsg1990's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello all,

It's my first post on this forum, so your patience would be massively appreciated, and also apologies in advance for not adhering to any unknown etiquette.

I am editing a home video based on .MOV video files from my iPhone 8+ on 720p. I've set my project to:
720p HD
1280x720
25p
Apple ProRes 422

I've noticed that when I am watching the project file (pre-render) there are artefacts from previous clips appearing on top of my current clip. This is also visible when I render the file. The artefacts are never in the same place so doesn't appear to be a problem with specific clips/files. I usually edit 4K / 2K files from professional Panasonic cameras and this is the first "home video" project I have undertaken using .MOV 720p files from an iPhone, but surely I shouldn't expect to have this problem. Obviously the original files are absolutely fine.

Here is a link to a short Vimeo URL showing an example of what I am talking about on about second 5/6 (it only lasts a split second, but my whole video has about 20 instances...):
https://vimeo.com/397649830 Link to Example [/url]

Am I doing something wrong? Has anyone else encountered this problem and/or can suggest a fix, please? For info, I imported the files from the MacBook Photos application after transferring them from my iPhone 8+.

I think i've given all the information I can but if I can provide any more detail then happy to do so, thanks in advance all!

L.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Artefacts Appearing on Timeline and Rendered Video 18 Mar 2020 05:51 #105387

• Tom Wolsky
  • Thank you received: 733
What are the computer specs? System? Software version? What are the media specs? iOS shotots different videos, depending on the version. Did you optimize the media ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: