TOPIC: Color Grading Effects not Being Copied Properly

Color Grading Effects not Being Copied Properly 26 Mar 2020 14:58 #105638

• kaminote00
  • kaminote00's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey everyone.

I've been on this site for years but haven't posted very much, but I'm running into a problem and I need some help. I've been cutting some multi-cam interviews for a job I did back toward the end of last year. There were only two cameras in operation, but the profiles weren't matched at all and one camera completely yellow/orange cast everything.

Anyways, the clips were organized so I created multicam clips. Rather than color correct everything at the end, I tried to correct them in the multi-cam clip itself (kind of like nesting the grade in the original clip); so when I cut between angles, it looks believable. Working with two canon DSLR's, we had to stop and start recording twice during the interview. Anyways, I got wide shot to look the way I wanted it. And now, working with the mid-shot, I got the grade to match the wide (at least 95%) of the way. My problem is, when I press Cmd + C (Copy) , and then Shift + Cmd + V (Copy Effects to Target Clips), the corrected image colors aren't the same as the original clip that I corrected (even though its the exact same angle). The color's little bit more magenta in hue. Which is really frustrating. Has anybody else experienced this? Why is my grade not looking the same, even though I'm copying the effects to what are other takes of the same exact shot?

Lost in the Grade, Looking For Answers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Color Grading Effects not Being Copied Properly 29 Mar 2020 00:11 #105708

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 415
I'd assume that some time between when you first started recording the first time and first started recording the second time, something in the lighting, or camera settings changed. Did you have AWB or auto-focus or any "auto" settings enabled on the camera?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: