fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: need to output a 2 channel stereo XDCAM HD 422 50 MBPS for broadcast asap

need to output a 2 channel stereo XDCAM HD 422 50 MBPS for broadcast asap 26 Mar 2020 16:55 #105641

• Wondering
  • Wondering's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I usually work on Avid, coronavirus forcing me to use fcp asap after many years. Collapsed storylines into 1 compound clip set to stereo but MXF output file still has sfx on channels 3 and 4. Must be a 2 channel stereo. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

need to output a 2 channel stereo XDCAM HD 422 50 MBPS for broadcast asap 26 Mar 2020 18:58 #105645

• Francois
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 39
You need to share using a compressor destination...
In compressor duplicate the right MXF XDcam HD422 and set required parameter for delivery (+2 discret audio channel). Create "share" destination selecting that customized MXF setting and you are done.
EDIT rereading your post I understand you might have done that already so this could be more a role affectation problem

Last edit: by Francois.

need to output a 2 channel stereo XDCAM HD 422 50 MBPS for broadcast asap 26 Mar 2020 19:08 #105647

• Wondering
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks, however I duplicated it and tried to change the channel layout from 8 discrete channels to something else (2) but it did not give me any choices.
EDIT--Uh oh....I don't know how roles work. What would I need to do in roles? Thanks and sorry, haven't touched FCPX in years.

Last edit: by Wondering.

need to output a 2 channel stereo XDCAM HD 422 50 MBPS for broadcast asap 26 Mar 2020 19:33 #105649

• Wondering
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Hi....still don't see how to change duplicated MXF XDcam HD422 from 8 chan to 2 discret audio channel. There's no options...

need to output a 2 channel stereo XDCAM HD 422 50 MBPS for broadcast asap 26 Mar 2020 23:54 #105659

• Francois
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 39
Here is a screen grab ...
Hope this helps
Attachments:

Last edit: by Francois.

need to output a 2 channel stereo XDCAM HD 422 50 MBPS for broadcast asap 27 Mar 2020 03:06 #105664

• Wondering
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Francois--
Thanks for the screen grab. However, the drop down menu only offers me the choice of 8 channels. That's it. 2, 4, or 6 does not appear--I don't know why.

• Page: