fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: need to output a 2 channel stereo XDCAM HD 422 50 MBPS for broadcast asap

need to output a 2 channel stereo XDCAM HD 422 50 MBPS for broadcast asap 26 Mar 2020 16:55 #105641

• Wondering
  • Wondering's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I usually work on Avid, coronavirus forcing me to use fcp asap after many years. Collapsed storylines into 1 compound clip set to stereo but MXF output file still has sfx on channels 3 and 4. Must be a 2 channel stereo. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

need to output a 2 channel stereo XDCAM HD 422 50 MBPS for broadcast asap 26 Mar 2020 18:58 #105645

• Francois
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 39
You need to share using a compressor destination...
In compressor duplicate the right MXF XDcam HD422 and set required parameter for delivery (+2 discret audio channel). Create "share" destination selecting that customized MXF setting and you are done.
EDIT rereading your post I understand you might have done that already so this could be more a role affectation problem

Last edit: by Francois.

need to output a 2 channel stereo XDCAM HD 422 50 MBPS for broadcast asap 26 Mar 2020 19:08 #105647

• Wondering
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks, however I duplicated it and tried to change the channel layout from 8 discrete channels to something else (2) but it did not give me any choices.
EDIT--Uh oh....I don't know how roles work. What would I need to do in roles? Thanks and sorry, haven't touched FCPX in years.

Last edit: by Wondering.

need to output a 2 channel stereo XDCAM HD 422 50 MBPS for broadcast asap 26 Mar 2020 19:33 #105649

• Wondering
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Hi....still don't see how to change duplicated MXF XDcam HD422 from 8 chan to 2 discret audio channel. There's no options...

need to output a 2 channel stereo XDCAM HD 422 50 MBPS for broadcast asap 26 Mar 2020 23:54 #105659

• Francois
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 39
Here is a screen grab ...
Hope this helps
Attachments:

Last edit: by Francois.

need to output a 2 channel stereo XDCAM HD 422 50 MBPS for broadcast asap 27 Mar 2020 03:06 #105664

• Wondering
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Francois--
Thanks for the screen grab. However, the drop down menu only offers me the choice of 8 channels. That's it. 2, 4, or 6 does not appear--I don't know why.

need to output a 2 channel stereo XDCAM HD 422 50 MBPS for broadcast asap 08 May 2020 04:18 #106992

• Wondering
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Revisiting this problem:
I made a custom compressor mxf xdcam50 setting with 2 discrete channels but now when the output is QC'd by broadcast air control it is always 8 channels with 7 empty and 1 channel with mono.

need to output a 2 channel stereo XDCAM HD 422 50 MBPS for broadcast asap 09 May 2020 11:44 #107027

• Roadswitcher
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
What version of FCPX do you have ?

need to output a 2 channel stereo XDCAM HD 422 50 MBPS for broadcast asap 10 May 2020 03:33 #107054

• Wondering
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

need to output a 2 channel stereo XDCAM HD 422 50 MBPS for broadcast asap 10 May 2020 13:17 #107070

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 486
FCPX version number has no bearing on this issue. I'm guessing your original MXF clip was recorded with 8 channels. In FCPX, make a Project, Stereo, 48kHz. Drop your clip in it, then go to the inspector, to the audio section. At the bottom, you'll have tools to break your channels up. You should be able to make it 4 sets of stereo pairs. Then turn off the ones you don't need, export.
https://support.apple.com/guide/final-cut-pro/configure-audio-channels-verc1fab5f6/mac

need to output a 2 channel stereo XDCAM HD 422 50 MBPS for broadcast asap 10 May 2020 14:34 #107076

• Wondering
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Thank you, that was very helpful. Actually I originally imported mxf clips and converted them to Pro Res because I believe that the much older fcp version I had couldn't handle them. Now since updating to 10.4.8 I have no problems working with imported mxfs.

need to output a 2 channel stereo XDCAM HD 422 50 MBPS for broadcast asap 10 May 2020 15:12 #107078

• Wondering
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
FCPX.guru--since you really nailed the solutions and because I had asked this question in an earlier thread that wasn't answered, do you have any ideas about this problem:
"When Command 1>2 switching between browser and timeline, the spacebar playback stops working for clips in the browser when in list mode clip display. Clicking on the browser and then hitting spacebar works but as soon as i keyboard shortcut back to timeline and then to browser it stops working again.This is not a problem in filmstrip display. I've seen online that going to "Window>revert to original layout" is supposed to fix this but "Window>revert to original layout" does not appear.

need to output a 2 channel stereo XDCAM HD 422 50 MBPS for broadcast asap 10 May 2020 17:25 #107080

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
Yeah, the browser is tricky. You can select the clip in the list, and work with its metadata, or you can click on the film strip and work on it (range, tag, etc). FCPX seems to treat them as separate things. This is something many of us have been asking Apple to change for a long time. It is very frustrating.

need to output a 2 channel stereo XDCAM HD 422 50 MBPS for broadcast asap 10 May 2020 18:47 #107082

• Wondering
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Oh well, thanks!

need to output a 2 channel stereo XDCAM HD 422 50 MBPS for broadcast asap 11 May 2020 04:25 #107091

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
Help us out. Inside FCPX go to the Final Cut Pro menu (Apple calls this the Application Menu).
Go to the "Provide Final Cut Pro Feedback" option.
That takes you to the feedback page.

And yes, Apple really, honestly does read those, catalogs them, and they have some minor influence over what happens in the future.

If we have a future...

need to output a 2 channel stereo XDCAM HD 422 50 MBPS for broadcast asap 11 May 2020 15:39 #107108

• Wondering
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
A future...yes luckily most of us are in TV. However 25% unemployment is unsustainable and once the home invasions begin our luck runs out.

• Page: