fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to make a coloured logo stand out on dark footage - what is the process?

How to make a coloured logo stand out on dark footage - what is the process? 09 May 2020 14:31 #107031

• Cameron Jake
  • Cameron Jake's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
See this screen shot?

What do you do with the logo to make it stand out? Copy a version in white and place it slightly behind using transform tool?

Do something with pixelator or somehow make it 3d outside of the background??

I have M Logo 1 2 3 and tons of other animations but they ALL have a background and thus you cannot have the animated logo preset AND footage running at the same time without it looking daft..... It unusually hard to find any logo animations off the shelve that don't have a background and you can just drop onto footage.

Is this right? Or have I got to learn some new keywords???

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How to make a coloured logo stand out on dark footage - what is the process? 09 May 2020 15:14 #107034

• Cameron Jake
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
The answer might actually just be M02 Plust the Logo pack!

www.motionvfx.com/store,mo2-logo-pack,p2459.html?category=131

Although from the demo its not clear if these designs can be used as overlays .... they can be a bit sneaky )

How to make a coloured logo stand out on dark footage - what is the process? 09 May 2020 15:38 #107035

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 474
If you want a simple, quick solution, in the Effects browser, go to the Stylize section, use the Drop Shadow to make it pop more.

I sometimes use an extruder effect in Motion, but that may have been a third party thing maybe, Coremelt?

mO2 is a great plug-in, I use it pretty much daily now. I take flat, 2D logos and shapes like this one, convert them to SVG files with "Image Vectorizer" and then in mO2 I can texture them as needed. Sometimes I have to take them into Pixelmator Pro to cut it up into different sections so I can do more complex texturing.

There is a great Facebook group "mO2 Users" and I have a resource page for mO2 users.
http://finalcutprox.guru/tutorials/tutorials/mO2resources.html

How to make a coloured logo stand out on dark footage - what is the process? 09 May 2020 18:45 #107043

• Cameron Jake
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Yes - ok so I will look at that - and the link too.

I assume that the logos you are doing and fly in and out do stuff and explode and spin etc or zoom over any background you like right? i.e. the m02 logo packs dont have backgrounds already in them that you HAVE to have.

I found a lot of envato stuff I have downloaded in terms of logo animations are fixed - the shapes and so on are rubbish and not customisable wow this is getting expensive 2800 machine 200 for envato 99 for mo2 and 99 for the plug in that makes mo2 work!

If you need anyting envato wise ping me - I also have the M logo 1 2 3 - but I suspect you have everything

How to make a coloured logo stand out on dark footage - what is the process? 09 May 2020 20:15 #107047

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 474
Just the mO2 plugin by itself will let you do tons of stuff. There are tons of free 3D models, textures, environments online. Building your own backgrounds is easy. mO2 is a building app, not really a template app, so to speak.

Last edit: by FCPX.guru.

How to make a coloured logo stand out on dark footage - what is the process? 10 May 2020 10:57 #107061

• Cameron Jake
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Oh that is good to know!!! Indeed... yes - I dont want backgrounds I just want to make logos do posh things you see.

• Page: