fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Audio clips appear red in timeline when i delete them from my computer

Audio clips appear red in timeline when i delete them from my computer 13 May 2020 11:43 #107136

• ac77777
  • ac77777's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi there. After I import audio clips to FCPX, I normally permanently delete them from my downloads folder and everything is fine. But today when I move them from my downloads to trash, they appear in red on my timeline and won’t play. I have "copy to library" selected when I import and also in my import preferences. Does anyone know why? It's driving me insane! Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Audio clips appear red in timeline when i delete them from my computer 14 May 2020 14:31 #107164

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 474
The red indicates that FCPX is looking at the copy in your downloads folder, and not at a copy inside the Library, which it doesn't have at that time.

There are three places to select "copy to library". One is the import window itself. The other is in Preferences, which affects what happens when you drag-and-drop from the Finder to FCPX. Then there is the Library setting, via the Inspector, to set media storage to the Library itself. Verify all three are selected.

Then, don't assume clips are instantly in the Library. It can take time to copy them in. Before trashing any original media, right-click it in the browser and chose Reveal In Finder. Make sure it actually is inside the library completely and not in the middle of copying over.

When I ingest a bunch of media into my library, I always verify the Background Activity window has nothing goin on in it, and then use the Consolidate command to verify nothing is left outside of the Library.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: