fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What happens when a clip doesn't sync with multi clips?

What happens when a clip doesn't sync with multi clips? 15 May 2020 00:13 #107174

• henryjazz
  • henryjazz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Apologies if this is an overwrought subject. I am new to all this stuff. New Mac Pro. I've been doing simple multiclips and projects. Audio plus two or more clips. It's been working well after a lot of trial and error.

But what happens when one of the clips doesn't sync? What can I do to get it to analyze it again?

FCPX doesn't seem to run like other Mac programs. I don't know how to delete clips. There's no saving, cutting? Just infintite undo? I'd like to delete imported clips and start over, but if I can do that I have no idea. I'm assuming it's just a browser?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What happens when a clip doesn't sync with multi clips? 15 May 2020 08:58 #107179

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 474
I'd highly recommend taking a basic course like from Ripple Training.
If one clip in a multicam is off, you can re-sync it in the Angle Editor, or manually sync it there.
https://support.apple.com/guide/final-cut-pro/sync-and-adjust-camera-angles-ver23c76b1a/mac

FCPX, to delete a clip, right-click it, select Delete.
It saves automatically every 15-20 seconds. Those backup databases are in your Movies folder, in a folder called Final Cut Backups.
No clue what you mean by cutting. You cut clips in the Timelne, you create Ranges, Favorites, etc, in the Browser to prepare for editing in the Timeline. That's all really basic stuff. Read through the user manual and take a basic FCPX course from Ripple Training or macProVideo.
https://support.apple.com/guide/final-cut-pro/welcome/mac

There's no need to delete an imported clip to start over if you're going to use the same clip. What would be the point?

What happens when a clip doesn't sync with multi clips? 15 May 2020 13:37 #107185

• henryjazz
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you very much. This is very helpful. I've bought other courses before. I just don't have the time to do them. I almost bought one yesterday. I look through the manual and go to youtube videos.

What I meant by "cutting" was just a general inarticulate complaint. Obviously FCP has been the industry standard for a long time so it works great and as expected. It's my problem, I know. But as someone who is coming new to an Apple product it seems not Apple intuitive. I've been a Mac guy since 1985. That doesn't mean anything of course. But the standard has always been the edit menu. Cut, Copy, Paste, Delete. It's just weird to me that that isn't there on an Apple flagship product. That's all.

Thanks. I'll learn the basics of the program. I'm not a filmmaker. Just need some quick and dirty stuff. My needs hopefully will increase!

What happens when a clip doesn't sync with multi clips? 15 May 2020 13:39 #107186

• henryjazz
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
"There's no need to delete an imported clip to start over if you're going to use the same clip. What would be the point? "

Sorry I missed this. So many times I've wanted to just delete the clips. I don't want them. They're a mistake. Here's the new one. I'm not going to use the same clip.

What happens when a clip doesn't sync with multi clips? 15 May 2020 22:08 #107198

• henryjazz
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
How come none of my replies come through? It's not working for me. "Control-click a multicam clip in the browser or the timeline, and choose Open in Angle Editor." Great. I don't see anything that says Angle Editor. I don't see any instructions on how to re-sync. I've read the help sections of the manual. It would be helpful if manuals were more basic. THIS is called the Angle Editor. It seems to start out and say open the AE without actually defining what it is, or I missed it. But a search for terms in the manual isn't a help. Assigning audio or video roles?

• Page: