• Page:

TOPIC: Strange flicking of color

Strange flicking of color 16 May 2020 13:14 #107213

• pamir
  • pamir's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
There were strange flicking of color in result video. (This also occurs when viewing in editing). I can't figure out when or what it's related to. I didn't catch it when it suddenly appeared. Look like this:
- it's with flicking. The flicking of the color are visible at the 2nd second, the 7th, and somewhere at the end on the 15th.

The same project is rendered again and everything is OK
- it's with flicking. The flicking of the color are visible at the 2nd second, the 7th, and somewhere at the end on the 15th.

The same project is rendered again and everything is OK

If there is a difference in rendering, it is only in where the cursor was on the timeline.

What can affect the result so strangely?

Attachment is timeline of project.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Strange flicking of color 17 May 2020 11:59 #107255

• joema
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 299
It looks like a color-space identification problem. A workaround is simply selecting all clips in the Event Browser and re-flagging them Rec 709. At the bottom of the Inspector pane, click "Settings". You must change from "Basic" to "Settings" to expose the option for color space override.

It does not require re-import or transcoding. However if proxies have been generated, those might require rebuilding, also all new render files may be needed. This is because the flicker gets encoded into those generated files, even if the original imported material has been re-flagged REC 709.

I believe this is fixed on recent versions of FCPX. If you are running an old version you might consider upgrading. If you are on the latest version yet have still encountered this, please let us know.

Last edit: by joema.

Strange flicking of color 17 May 2020 17:21 #107262

• pamir
  • pamir's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you very much. I have done several rengering and all results is OK.

I use macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
Final Cut Pro X 10.4.6

• Page: