fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to change the timecode/time counter on FCPX, I have a very strange settings

How to change the timecode/time counter on FCPX, I have a very strange settings 20 May 2020 16:06 #107341

• ampmedia
  • ampmedia's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello guys, does anyone know how to change the settings of my timecode in timeline and when exporting, for example when I export any clip I just want it to start a 0 seconds not a different number when I export the clip.

I haven't been able to figure it out and where to reset it and count from 0 and up. I have attached photos hopefully you FCP gurus will know where to change the settings.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How to change the timecode/time counter on FCPX, I have a very strange settings 20 May 2020 16:56 #107342

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 474
The image attached shows the duration of a clip(s) you have selected (yellow) and total duration (grey).

You can set starting timecode of a Project when you make it originally, there's a setting for that in that window.
After the fact you can select the Project in the browser, go to the Inspector, to the Modify button, and change starting timecode there.

There is no place to set starting timecode in the Share window.

How to change the timecode/time counter on FCPX, I have a very strange settings 21 May 2020 00:33 #107352

• ampmedia
  • ampmedia's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
What I mean is when I export a clip out of FCP X look at the time it gives? You can see the exported clip time. I have never had this ever happen, been using FCPX for 8 years and all the clips before that were exported would count up normally from 0 to up no this crazy time code when exported. I have attached the clip look at what i have selected and the actual quicktime clip time

Last edit: by ampmedia.

How to change the timecode/time counter on FCPX, I have a very strange settings 21 May 2020 01:48 #107354

• Tom Wolsky
  • Thank you received: 716
The image you posted it shows a selected clip that's 14 seconds 14 frames in a project that either is four hours long or has a project start time of four hours. Have you looked at the project properties? Click modify and it will show you the start timecode. If you're exporting from a project it takes the timecode of the project.

• Page: