fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to change proxy media back to optimised????

How to change proxy media back to optimised???? 23 May 2020 21:52 #107400

• ta69
  • ta69's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Feels like a silly q but I somehow changed my whole library to proxy media even though I'd only created it on the last external hardware I was using. Now it says missing proxy for every clip and relinking doesn't work... I can see it all there in the optimised media folder feel like I'm missing something :unsure: :unsure: help??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How to change proxy media back to optimised???? 24 May 2020 12:03 #107420

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 489
You can't relink proxy media, but you can rebuild it.

How to change proxy media back to optimised???? 24 May 2020 12:42 #107426

• joema
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 329

ta69 wrote: ...proxy media...created it on the last external hardware I was using. Now it says missing proxy for every clip and relinking doesn't work... I can see it all there in the optimised media folder feel like I'm missing something...

As FCPX.guru said, relink for proxies is not available. The volume name where the proxies were originally generated is burned into the library, and this cannot be edited or changed, even using a SQL database editor on the tables within the library. Short of rebuilding them, your only option is rename the drive the proxies are now on to the original drive name.

There is an undocumented method of manually copying Finder aliases within the library's folder where the symlink pointers are. This will sometimes force a relink of proxies but it is not reliable, esp. if the drive name has changed: "Cheating Final Cut Pro X proxies...using aliases": www.fcp.co/final-cut-pro/tutorials/1828-...ant-by-using-aliases

Last edit: by joema.
  • Page: