fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Attempting to burn a DVD BlueRay directly from timeline of FCP-X

Attempting to burn a DVD BlueRay directly from timeline of FCP-X 28 May 2020 22:08 #107521

• Nemo
  • Nemo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I am attempting to burn a DVD BlueRay directly from timeline of FCP-X 10.3.4. Using a new Pioneer DVD BlueRay player/recorder Model #BDR-XDO7B. No success. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Attempting to burn a DVD BlueRay directly from timeline of FCP-X 29 May 2020 19:47 #107551

• VidGreg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 197
Hi Nemo
Did you remember to add Blu ray as "Destination" in FCPX "Share" preferences.
I find it best to export the IMG blu ray file to the Desktop then burn from there. This makes it much easier to burn more copies without opening FCPX and exporting again; and seems to have less glitches than trying to burn directly to disc.
I normally use Roxio Toast Titanium Pro for burning the BD but you can do it via Finder or Disk Utility. When you share as BD it writes the file structure to the image file so you don't need Toast, just BD burner.
Alternatively, you can export a Master File then let Toast or other authoring programs write the data structure.

Hope this Helps, Greg

Attempting to burn a DVD BlueRay directly from timeline of FCP-X 29 May 2020 22:46 #107556

• Redifer
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 79
My main problem burning Blu-rays these days is that the Computer rarely ever sees the optical drive as being present. Usually I'm able to get it recognized by the system after a series of reboots /unplugging/replugging the drive many times. Not sure if this is an OS issue, a computer issue, or an optical drive issue. Leaning towards the latter. Using an LG drive with a SATA to USB 3 adapter (powered).

Last edit: by Redifer.
  • Page: