• Page:

TOPIC: Ken Burns effect presets

Ken Burns effect presets 29 May 2020 15:41 #107536

• hiphopsuperman
  • hiphopsuperman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm working on a series of videos where the ken burns effect is used throughout. I created some zoom-in/out Transform effects and saved these as presets. Now I can just drop them on a clip, and done! This is faster and more consistant than using the ken burns tool built into fcpx.
This works well for clips that are 1920x1080p. However, this wont work on clips that I first need to resize.

On Premiere Pro, I first add a "Motion" effect to size the clip properly. Then I drop a similar "Transform" preset I created for the desired ken burns effect.

Is there a way to achieve this in fcpx? The best I find is to add a frame, if the clip needs to be made smaller. But this wont work in all instances...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ken Burns effect presets 02 Jun 2020 19:28 #107621

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 489
I'd build this as an Effect template in Motion, then it'll adapt to your image size. Maybe use the Throw behavior and publish its parameters.

Ken Burns effect presets 04 Jun 2020 04:47 #107655

• hiphopsuperman
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks. I’ve never used motion to be honest. I would like to find a solution within fcpx if possible. If I need to use another software, I’ll just resize the photo to 1920x1080 in photoshop.

Ken Burns effect presets 04 Jun 2020 11:45 #107658

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 489
You'd gain a lot, save time, expand your abilities greatly by learning Motion. You're going a long way around to solve what should be a non-issue. Motion is easy to learn. And in this business, if you don't learn a new app couple times a year, you're going to be left behind.

Ken Burns effect presets 05 Jun 2020 14:39 #107693

• hiphopsuperman
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Well I think you’ve inspired me to learn motion! Lol, I just watched a video on it, and it doesn’t look too difficult. I only started using fcp only around 2 weeks ago, so I wan to gain a bit more experience before taking it on. Thank you!

• Page: