fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: After updating Final Cut to 10.4.8, preview screen doesn't work its just blank.

After updating Final Cut to 10.4.8, preview screen doesn't work its just blank. 01 Jun 2020 21:13 #107611

• ASAGOM
  • ASAGOM's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi friends
After updating Final Cut to 10.4.8, preview screen doesn't work its just blank. Cant see what

am editing. Tried reinstalling, preferences reset, new project, new library none worked.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

After updating Final Cut to 10.4.8, preview screen doesn't work its just blank. 02 Jun 2020 05:24 #107612

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 509
Did you delete render files?

I'd boot your Mac into recovery mode, run disk first aid on all drives, reboot.

After updating Final Cut to 10.4.8, preview screen doesn't work its just blank. 02 Jun 2020 07:12 #107613

• Karsten Schlüter
  • Thank you received: 662
What happens when you mute (keyboard shortcut: V) the AdjustmentLayer 'Long'?

After updating Final Cut to 10.4.8, preview screen doesn't work its just blank. 03 Jun 2020 18:26 #107649

• ASAGOM
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes, but it didn't work.

After updating Final Cut to 10.4.8, preview screen doesn't work its just blank. 03 Jun 2020 18:34 #107650

• ASAGOM
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
All commands work but clips are not visible

After updating Final Cut to 10.4.8, preview screen doesn't work its just blank. 04 Jun 2020 10:51 #107657

• RODRIGUE
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

ASAGOM wrote: All commands work but clips are not visible[/quote
hello everyone, I'm delighted to join you and I have the same problem, I updated to 10.4.8 and just have sound when i upload video, the preview screen remains black

Attachments:

After updating Final Cut to 10.4.8, preview screen doesn't work its just blank. 04 Jun 2020 22:51 #107671

• dgwvideo
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 247
Try creating a new admin user on your machine and log into that account. Then try FCPX and see if the issue is still there. If that solves the problem, post back. There are procedures for restoring your user account.
Creating history....one edit at a time !

After updating Final Cut to 10.4.8, preview screen doesn't work its just blank. 05 Jun 2020 17:29 #107696

• ASAGOM
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I created a new account and unfortunately it did not work

After updating Final Cut to 10.4.8, preview screen doesn't work its just blank. 05 Jun 2020 17:35 #107697

• ASAGOM
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I created a new account and unfortunately it did not work:( :( :( :( :( :(
Attachments:

After updating Final Cut to 10.4.8, preview screen doesn't work its just blank. 05 Jun 2020 21:37 #107700

• joema
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 352
There is a media management bug during a cross-library copy whereby if proxies or optimized media exist on the source clips and you don't select the proxy/optimized checkboxes during the copy to the new library, upon landing in the destination library the clips may be black. You cannot re-create proxies or optimized media because the transcode options are greyed out. To fix this, delete proxy/optimized media in the destination library (even though none exist).

Were these clips, the project or event EVER copied between libraries?

After updating Final Cut to 10.4.8, preview screen doesn't work its just blank. 06 Jun 2020 13:03 #107714

• ASAGOM
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
But when I install version 10.4.4 it works really well!!!!

After updating Final Cut to 10.4.8, preview screen doesn't work its just blank. 06 Jun 2020 13:19 #107715

• joema
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 352

ASAGOM wrote: But when I install version 10.4.4 it works really well!!!!

Make a snapshot duplicate of the timeline, open that, strip all effects with Edit>Remove Effects, disable background rendering in FCPX preferences, delete all render files with File>Delete Generated Library Files>Delete Render Files>All. Then select all files in duplicate timeline with CMD+A and do a one-time render with CTRL+R.

If that works on 10.4.8 then the problem could be an effect. Just because something doesn't work on 10.4.8 doesn't mean that's an FCPX bug. It could easily be a problem with a plugin or effect. Verify all plugins and effects are upgraded to the latest version.

Any code error in any plugin or effect developed with the Fx Plug 3 framework can crash or destabilize FCPX because it all runs within the same process address space. This will hopefully be corrected in the future with Fx Plug 4 which runs plugins in a separate "sandboxed" address space. But for now we must maintain constant vigilance for plugin and effect issues. That means only use plugins from well-regarded companies with good support, and always keep plugins updated.

Separately, FCPX 10.4.8 is Metal-optimized and 10.4.4 is not. This could also be a GPU or graphics-related issue. What year and model of Mac do you have, what version of MacOS and what GPU is it using?

Last edit: by joema.

After updating Final Cut to 10.4.8, preview screen doesn't work its just blank. 06 Jun 2020 13:58 #107716

• ASAGOM
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks, I will try all of this.
Attachments:

• Page: