Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Simon Ubsdell has shut down his YTchannel

Simon Ubsdell has shut down his YTchannel 03 Jun 2020 06:51 #107629

• Karsten Schlüter
  • Karsten Schlüter's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 661

Just learned, Simon Ubsdell, undisputed Master of Motion, has shut down his channel of free Motion tuts - … oops????

Learned so much from him, he inspired me to many of my plugins (e.g. this one www.fcp.co/forum/generators/24259-volume...red-by-simon-ubsdell ) …

hmm? Of course, I'm curious in the reasons, but for sure, it's up to him to tell.-

too sad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Simon Ubsdell has shut down his YTchannel 03 Jun 2020 09:52 #107632

• Redifer
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 79
I just learned of this channel via your post. I am blown away by some of the tutorials I've watched and his skill. This is really too bad that he won't be doing any more. I wonder if there was an issue with Apple. Not sure why there would be, but he mentioned that some Fusion tutorials may appear on that channel in the future. So he's only stopping Motion tutorials while I suppose he familiarizes himself with Fusion.

Simon Ubsdell has shut down his YTchannel 03 Jun 2020 13:05 #107637

• Michi
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
This is really sad. I don't know anybody else that is able to show the potential of Motion like Mr. Ubsdell did. A great master of his craft and – that is not to underestimate – with a great voice and articulation for such tutorials. A source of great value! From what I know about Motion, at least 50% I learned through Simon Ubsdell (and 20% through fcp.co).

Simon Ubsdell has shut down his YTchannel 03 Jun 2020 16:13 #107644

• Buhardilla
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Simon's tutorials are recommended by Apple as advanced resources for Motion. Who knows what will happen in the future, Will Apple contract to Mr Simon? ..:woohoo: :woohoo:

Simon Ubsdell has shut down his YTchannel 03 Jun 2020 17:38 #107645

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 497
It doesn't look like he is "shutting down" his channel, nor pulling existing Motion tutorials. It looks like he's just not going to do anymore. Which sucks. But you can only go so far, with an app that hasn't had any major upgrades to its functionality in a very long time.

• Page: