fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: FCPX, GH5 HLG/HVEC can't see video?

FCPX, GH5 HLG/HVEC can't see video? 19 Jun 2020 20:00 #108027

• sgreszcz
  • sgreszcz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey there,

I'm trying to edit GH5 HLG/HVEV video in FCPX 10.4.8 on OSX Catalina 10.15.5. This is a new computer and I could have sworn that I was able to see and edit that codec in my old Mac. Also, when I export prores 422 with other footage, for some reason I can't playback that output in Quicktime. I tried seeing if I had the proapps codecs installed and googled a bit last night, but couldn't find what I had done wrong... Any ideas?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

FCPX, GH5 HLG/HVEC can't see video? 20 Jun 2020 19:46 #108051

• joema
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 329
Try resetting FCPX preferences (item 11 on this page): support.apple.com/en-us/HT203477

On Catalina, Apple Pro Video Formats are updated in System Preferences>Software Update. If an update is needed it will normally show up there.

However you can verify your Pro Video Formats version by doing About this Mac>System Report>Software>Installations, then scroll down. The latest Pro Video Formats is ver. 2.1.1.

If still a problem after that, upload a short test clip to DropBox and post it here so we can examine it. Also please state the year, model and config of your new Mac.

Last edit: by joema.

FCPX, GH5 HLG/HVEC can't see video? 28 Jun 2020 20:16 #108298

• sgreszcz
  • sgreszcz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks for the info. I checked the Pro Video Formats (was OK), reset all my preferences, cleaned up all render files using Final Cut Pro Library Manager, and re-imported using "optimise media" and that seemed to fix things.

• Page: